x

Online booking appointment lag time?

I am a photographer who is interested in having clients use the online booking feature themselves for a promotion I am holding on one day only. The issue I am seeing is that when a person clicks to book say, a 9:00am slot, but then backs out before paying, the slot is showing as no longer available even though the transaction/payment was never completed. It seems to clear after maybe 20-25 minutes. Is there a way to reduce this lag time? Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hello @nthomson. To clarify, you're right: Anytime a customer selects an appointment from your online booking site the appointment is reserved for them for about 10 minutes. If your customer changes their mind/isn't able to contine with their booking, after 10 minutes the appointment is automatically freed up. 

There isn't a way to change this lag time but I see how it could disrupt your promotion! It also sounds like we should make it clearer that this does happen in the first place to reduce confusion and so other sellers can keep an eye out for available slots and advertise them to their clients. I'll share your feedback with the Appointments team! 

Update: Thanks again for your feedback @nthomson, we've just addded this information about timeslot availability to our Support Center so sellers are aware! 🙂 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 2