x

Date/time error on Square POS?

The title of this thread was updated from its original title: "Has app been hijacked?"

Getting message that my device date and time appears to be incorrect when that's not accurate.  It's hijacking ability to to do business.  Can't get square to pull up from app.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @pcn, that sounds really weird. Are you currently running Square Point of Sale in offline mode? Also what kind of device are you using? 

Message 2 of 6

Yes, I was running offline mode on my iphone becasue we are having problems with our wifi at the office. So - here's the weird thing - it kept showing that message about the time being off all day leaving me unable to run charges.  The next day it seemingly resolved.  I had sent an email to support so I don't know if they reset something or whether it was some glitch that resolved.  

Message 3 of 6

@pcn that's good to hear! This isn't a setting that we can adjust within Square Point of Sale, but it sounds like the time and date on your phone synced with the app. If you run into this again let us know so we can take a closer look! 

Message 4 of 6

I have the same error on my iphone6.  I deleted the Square app ant it was ok for a couple of days, but the drror is back and I can't take any charges.Has anyone else been able to get past this.  The s/w is current, and I've tried resetting the phone

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

Hi @toadfish51 - Sorry to hear you're having this error! I wanted to double check that your phone is set to the correct time zone because we've seen some sellers encounter errors when there isn't a match between their phone and current time zone. 

If you're still having problems, I suggest you give our CS team a call

Message 6 of 6