x
Beta Member

Retail: When I email a purchase order to my vendor the SKU isn't on their copy?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: purchase order sku item code

When I create a purchase order the SKU/item code shows up on the screen.  When I email the purchase order to my vendor the SKU/item code is not on their copy of the purchase order.  My vendor got the purchase order requesting 6 blue scarves.  She makes several styles of blue scarves, she had to call me and ask which one I wanted.  Why isn't she getting the same information that I see on my purchase order?  Shouldn't the email my vendor receives have the information I imput?

Lanora Davidson
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Great question @ThingsDublin!

You're right, the SKU and vendor code are not visible in the email version of the purchase order. The reason for this is that the SKU/vendor code is typically not the same as for the Retail business as it is for the vendor.

This detail has been omitted to reduce confusion, but I'm sorry that it's causing more confusion for your vendor! As a work around you could download a PDF of the purchase order and send it to this vendor so they know which scarves to send you. 

I've shared your post with the Retail team directly. Thanks so much for flagging this!  

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 2