x
Beta Member

Samsung s22 ultra

I upgraded my Samsung Note 10+5G to an S22 Ultra. Paired reader via Bluetooth, Downloaded Beta, and can see "Connect the reader" is grayed out at the top of the screen and can't be seen by either Beta or the regular Square app on this new phone.

I don't see this phone on the supported devices page. Do I have to now downgrade back to my old phone?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @ImageComm - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

Great Question.

I too, don't see your device on the compatibility list, which may mean it just hasn't been tested/approved as a device as of now. 

However, I'd like to get some more information from you to further research.

May I ask how you paired the reader via bluetooth if the option to connect a reader is greyed out? 

Do you mean they connected the reader in the Bluetooth settings?

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

what is the answer to this i have the same problem 

Message 3 of 7

what is it , i have a samsun s22 also

Message 4 of 7

I was also unable to connect the contact free reader as well with My Samsung Galaxy S22.  However, it asked me to touch the credit card to the back of the phone.  I did so and it charged the card.  I'm thinking that the phone can process it using wifi or bluetooth without the extra reader.

Message 5 of 7

bought the new Samsung galaxy s24 ultra and can only use tap to pay if card is compatible or manual entry. not showing it's on compatibility list. why not and when will it be? have Bluetooth reader

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @susiebaker46 Thanks for posting. 

I moved your comment over to this thread where other sellers have discussed this issue. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide an eta of when an unsupported device may be tested and approved as compatible with Square hardware, however, I am happy to pass your feedback along to the product teams.

It also looks like another seller, @NELSONIND confirmed that tap to pay should work while using WiFi or Bluetooth. 

Message 7 of 7