x

Scrolling not working...

When I create or edit an estimate or invoice my safari browser locks and does not allow me to scroll the page.  I have to resize the page for it to start working again.  This happens when the browser transitions from the dashboard to the create or edit page.  I first noticed this when estimates was introduced and it would happen when creating or editing an estimate, then it started happening with the invoices page as well.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

2.8 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

macOS Mojave

Version 10.14.6

Safari Version 12.1.2 (14607.3.9)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @aroque! Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community. Good to hear from you again!

So sorry for the trouble with your browser! Strange indeed. And I appreciate you listing so many details concerning your device and browser, it is helpful in diagnosing the issue.

As a rule, Safari tends to be a little wonky when orienting to the Online Dashboard. We recommend trying out these troubleshooting steps to fix your current issue, but would also suggest that you trying using a separate browser if you can. Google Chrome tends to work best with our platform.

I hope this is helpful! Keep me updated to whether or not those steps worked for you. I will keep an eye out for your response!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

Hi Joe,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply!  Nothing in the troubleshooting steps seems to work.  There is no problem when I use Firefox, but I like using Safari and don't want to have to switch browsers because of problems with one platform or software.  I'll probably have to revert to High Sierra due to os incompatibility with my Nvidia graphics card.  When I do that, maybe the problem will go away?  

On the other hand, I hope the Square tech team has a chance to take a look at the issue to see if the problem is on the Square side (and try to fix it) or on the Safari side (and report it to Apple and hopefully they fix it).  After all, Safari is the second most used browser and should be as compatible as any of the other ones.

Thanks again for your time and attention!  I really appreciate it!

Message 3 of 3