x

Service Charge on Square Register

We run Restaurant plus on a square register. We have service charges set up under 
"service charges" under actions.  For every sale that we do, we have to go into actions, then service charges, then highlight it before starting a new check.  Does anyone know if there is a way to add a display button or some type of shortcut so that we don't have to go through three screens to apply the service charge?  Thank you

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@jessicalynwells Yes and No.  It sounds like you know that you can currently use Actions -> Service charges -> and choose the service charge.  Yes, three steps.  You can cut that to two steps by going to your menu and editing the POS Layout for your menu(s).  Click on the button you want to add service charge to, and select Function.  Scroll down to the service charges section and select/click Service Charges.  This will add a Service Charges button that will show all of your service charges when it is pressed.

This workaround removes the step of having to click the Action button, at least.  That’s the best you can do currently.

Regards,

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 2