x

Square Chip Card Reader not working properly

Hi there! question about my chip readers... I have 2 and one just stopped working - couldn't connect and so was unusable this weekend when I needed it. Anyone having issues and is there any type of return policy? Luckily I had a back up and I'd like to get another just in case I have a smiliar issue again.  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller Alumni

@jheiden, Sometimes our Chip Reader will disconnect, if this happens we just go in to "Settings" and ask to 'Reconnect Chip Reader" always works for us.

Message 2 of 4

Thanks, Ron.  I'm used to that too but this time it wasn't ever able to reconnect.  So I actually went in and removed it in my settings and tried to re-establish it but it no longer recognized it at all.  Luckily I had another and it was able to recognize that one.  It had to update its firmware so I was thinking maybe that was the issue with the first one too but I couldn't ever get it to that point again.  

Anyways, thanks for the reply.  🙂 

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Sorry to hear it isn't working well for you, @jheiden, and thanks for doing those troubleshooting steps. @Ron's tips are great and solve most issues we see with connecting, but sounds like those didn't do the trick for you - I wanted to let you know that Square hardware has a 1 year warranty, so depending on when you purchased you may be able to return it. To start that process, visit our warranty page

Message 4 of 4