x

Square WooCommerce Plugin: Customers receiving ‘ Bad_request: intent_mismatch’ Error

Customers are attempting to purchase and receiving an error code: Bad_request: intent_mismatch.

I haven’t seen this one before. Can anyone explain the cause and provide a solution? Thank you! 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

Really sorry to hear this @Tokncbd. Must be a super frustrating experience for your customers 😔

Just so I understand better - are you using Square's Online Store or a different eComm platform? If the latter, have you reached out to them directly with your issue?  

Let me know! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

I just started receiving this exact error a few times from customers in the past two weeks. Odd thing is it doesn't happen every time. I have Square hooked up to my Wordpress site, I do not use Square's store front. I'm using the "Woocommerce Square" plugin for this.

Message 3 of 7
Admin

Hey there @Esch! Sounds like it could possibly be a browser issue. I wonder if you could ask them to clear their cache and trying again.

If it continues to happen, you may want to consider reaching out to the WooCommerce Support team since they're the ones who handle the integration.

Hopefully one of the two options will get this resolved for you and your customers!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 7

Did you get any information from woocommerce as to how to fix?  I had 2 customers receive this  error yesterday, so it sounds like I am starting down a similar path...

Message 5 of 7

The problem isn't cache related, it's the "Woocommerce Square" plugin. I downgraded the plugin to 2.08, which was the previous version to what was released, and I haven't had any issues since.

Message 6 of 7

Thank you so much for the feedback!  I will be rolling back the update immediately.

Message 7 of 7