x

Sync Item Library from Dashboard to App

I created items via Square Point Of Sales Android app, but when I go to the Square desktop, all the items that I created on the app are not listed there.

I thought the items should be synced between the phone app and website online on https://squareup.com/dashboard/items/library?

I am new to Square and I am not sure if I am missing a step? Please help!!!

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @dzenyu - That's strange as the items should definitely sync between your online Square Dashboard and the app. Do you happen to have multiple Square accounts? I've come across a couple of Sellers who have had this issue and then they realized they were signed into the wrong Square account as they had multiple accounts for their different businesses.

If you only have a single Square account, my next suggestion would be to double check to make sure that you've made your items available within the correct location. To do this, sign in to your Square Dashboard > Items > Item Library > select the Item. You'll then see this popup window where it'll say Locations. If it says No Locations, this means that it's not showing in any of your locations so you'll have to click on it and select the location where you want it be available (if you only have one location, you'll just select that location).

Screenshot 2018-10-03 at 1.18.18 PM.png

Hopefully that helps, but if not, feel free to reach back out and let us know!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @dzenyu - That's strange as the items should definitely sync between your online Square Dashboard and the app. Do you happen to have multiple Square accounts? I've come across a couple of Sellers who have had this issue and then they realized they were signed into the wrong Square account as they had multiple accounts for their different businesses.

If you only have a single Square account, my next suggestion would be to double check to make sure that you've made your items available within the correct location. To do this, sign in to your Square Dashboard > Items > Item Library > select the Item. You'll then see this popup window where it'll say Locations. If it says No Locations, this means that it's not showing in any of your locations so you'll have to click on it and select the location where you want it be available (if you only have one location, you'll just select that location).

Screenshot 2018-10-03 at 1.18.18 PM.png

Hopefully that helps, but if not, feel free to reach back out and let us know!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 3

Thanks @puka that was the problem. I was logging into Square App using my old account.

I was able to confirm that the items are being synced correctly.

Message 3 of 3