x

There was an error while connecting to the server. Please try again later.

When trying to import, I frequently get this error:

There was an error while connecting to the server. Please try again later.

I am importing a large file 7000 items and replacing my file.

After I get this error, even importing 1 items causes the error... sometimes even hours later.  Is this truly a "try again later" or is there some maximum I am hitting.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Hmm, that's strange @markcrobinson. Sorry to hear about the error! 

There isn't a fixed item limit or anything that should be preventing you from uploading the file. Do you receive a specific error message or does it just time out? 

If you haven't already, you may want to try clearing your cache/browsing data, or another web browser altogether, to see if that helps. 

If that doesn't do the trick, contact our support team directly and we can assist with the file as well. 

Message 2 of 4

Trouble importing item list. How do I get my file to contact Square servers? Same message 2 days. 2 different browsers.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “Error Message: There was an error while connecting to the server.”

I'm sorry for the frustration @Cjackson5. I've moved your post here, can you try Spencer's Dashboard troubleshooting tip above and clear the cache on your browser and check your browser is up to date? (To to this go to the Help menu from the browser you're using and search for clear history/cache/browsing data.

If you're still seeing this error, please let me know here or let our Support team know directly

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4