x

Two problems. Chip reader only works for one swipe. Email receipt not working

Busy morning and the chip reader wouldnot work either as a chip or swipe. The first sale went through fine 20 minutes later we had to dig out the old magnetic reader. The customer signed and the entered for her email receipt and nothing happened. she typed in the receipt and then the screen no longer worked

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Hey @Iristex, welcome to the Seller Community! I'm going to address your question in two parts. 

I'm sorry to hear about your Square Chip Card Reader giving you trouble. A common problem with this reader is the battery dies. From what you described, that might be the case. I recomend checking out, "Square Chip Card Reader Tips and Troubleshooting" in the Support Center. This article is chop full of great troubleshooting tips! 

For the screen freezing I recomend making sure you're running the most up to date version of the App. As well as, updating the operating system on your device. If it occurs again you can try force quitting the App and checking your activity to make sure the transaction went through. If the problem persists I recomend deleting the App and re-installing it. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions! 😀

Message 2 of 2