x
Super Seller

Unable to export full item library since last change to the interface went in

I have 56,000+ items in my library, unfortunately I have to export the file regularly but since the change when in for the interface about a week ago I only get 9000 items in the export file. I've tried both XLS and CSV format from both the Import and Export Library screens. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @page158,

Thank you for reaching out, and we are sorry to hear that this is happening. Are you getting an error message or are you just noticing that the export is not completing fully? Can you please provide your device information? This helps us investigate the issue closer.

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 10
Super Seller

there's no error message, it just completes without downloading all of the items. I'm using Chrome on a Macbook, tried Safari as well and have tried on other computers in the store. 

Message 3 of 10

Thank you for letting us know, @page158, can you please give us examples of items not showing on the export?

Ellie
Message 4 of 10
Super Seller

They export alphabetically, the last export i did stopped at an item called 

Choosing the Right Shelter Dog (token WTXILMEWRD23CSA4XH5Y7WES)

So anything alphabetically after that isn't there, search for Dog Man for example, there are 15+ items with that in the name such as Dog Man: Brawl of the Wild. My total item library was over 54,000 items last time I made a note of the number so it won't be hard to find examples.

The process for Importing/Exporting changed recently, the popup screens look different, the options for format are now only on the Export screen. There are also instructions in the download template file and the Weight column was added. This started occurring around that same time. 

Can you export the full CSV file with 54000+ items?

Message 5 of 10

I appreciate all of the additional details on this, I am going to check with our team about this and why this is happening. @page158 I appreciate your patience!

Ellie
Message 6 of 10
Super Seller

I also notice that in the Undo Catalog option, the latest date is May 30th, so that's likely the last time I was able to download the full file and upload new items via Import. Since then it's been failing.

Message 7 of 10
Super Seller

I just ran another export and and go the full 54505 rows, not sure what changed but it's working now!

Message 8 of 10

It looks like it was an internal disruption that was causing this, but has been resolved. I'm happy to hear it is working as intended for you again, @page158! If anything comes up again, please let us know.

Ellie
Message 9 of 10
Beta Member

I was able to export our 10k-ish items just fine.  Uploading them failed miserably.  First it threw an error because most of our items didn't have descriptions (they sync from WooCommerce without them), so I tried to copy the titles in.  This threw an error for mismatch of descriptions in variable products.  I then downloaded our WC descriptions and merged those in.  In stopped throwing errors but still wasn't able to upload. Instead just get a spinning icon for hours. 

I have no idea if any of this is related or not, but this seemed to be the most current topic on a similar problem to the latest issue we are dealing with.  

Message 10 of 10