x

Unspecified error

Every now and then, we have issues with customers being unable to complete transactions.  They will call me and I have never been able to replicate the error.  It happened again this week, and it just so  happened the customer used to be in IT, so he sent me a screen shot.  He tried the transaction in Windows 10 Edge and Chrome, as well as, ubuntu Linux Chrome and Firefox all with the same result.  I would love to know why this is happening as it has cost us some members.  

error message.jpg

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Beta Member

Hi IPATinc,

Random errors are probably the most frustrating to figure out - even for Tech Support.   Understand that the Community is not the same as Tech or Customer Support as most of us are much better at running small businesses, using Square's Apps and Hardware.  Unless someone here has experienced the same type of issue and was able to resolve it, we probably don't have a clue as to what is going on especially if you can't reproduce the same issue.  Note, there are times when Square's Systems have issues and can cause various problems for some of us or all of us - that's where this link comes in handy.  We've learned that when ever an issue pops up, the first place we check is that link.  It's helpful for narrowing down the problem.  If you're not already keeping notes on issues when they pop up, it's a good time to start.  Doing so you will have better details for Tech or Customer Support.

Message 2 of 3
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @IPATinc 

Just wanted to jump in here to add... 

I did reach out to our team to escalate your concern, but we were unable to reproduce the error. 

Whenever the error occurs on only a specific device or browser, it is more than likely related to a network or software issue on that specific device. 

Additionally, an item might not be working correctly for a number of reasons, such as the location and fulfillment settings. 

Everything seems to be working correctly at this time, but please don't hesitate to reach out to our direct support team should this issue rise again.

Thank you

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 3