x

What information is included in the Client Import?

Good morning! I'm writing in on behalf of a client, who is curious as to what information is imported when using the Import Clients/Export Clients utility in Square. Namely, this client is curious as to whether or not PCI-compliant information (card info, etc.) would be included in that transfer. Although I do see that you are able to import clients, it's not quite clear as to what information is imported when you do!

Thank you so much for your help – I'm excited to hear what might be included soon. 🙂 

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Customer Management Import is just basic information.

First Name

Last Name

Company Name

Email

Phone

Address

City

State

Zip

Memo

An import template can be downloaded from the Dashboard when you click import.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Customer Management Import is just basic information.

First Name

Last Name

Company Name

Email

Phone

Address

City

State

Zip

Memo

An import template can be downloaded from the Dashboard when you click import.

Message 2 of 11

Thank you so much, that's incredibly helpful! I really appreciate it. 🙂

Message 3 of 11

I recently (re) discovered SquareUp and would like to use it moving forward for invoicing. I exported my data from the invoice program I was using before. Is there a way to import it? Or do I need to manually enter all in as paid?

THANKS!

Message 4 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @risa_auger 👋 Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Seller Community! We are happy you decided to join us here.

In regards to importing Customer Transaction History from Invoices outside of Square, at this time there is no way to import past transaction history into Square. This Best Answer from @RHatch will outline all details than can be imported over, including your customer information and profile from previous Invoices, however the actual transaction history cannot be imported into our system.

Feel free to reach out with any clarifying questions. I am here to help!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 11

Thanks. But, my question had nothing to do with customer contact information.

I will enter and back date a few at a time since there is no way to batch past invoices.

Message 6 of 11

HI again, @risa_auger - thanks for the reply. I assumed you were speaking directly to importing customer data since that is the subject of the thread you posted on.

Would you mind clarifying what data you are looking to import?

Joe
Message 7 of 11

No... i posted a new one and you moved it. No worries.

If you come up with any ideas, I would LOVE to hear them.

Thanks!

Message 8 of 11

Will do, @risa_auger. Feel free to clarify what kind of data you are looking to import and I would be happy to help!

Joe
Message 9 of 11

I would like to bring in past invoice data - I recently decided to transfer to sq up from another billing program. I have a .csv file to do it. But I don't see a way. So, I am thinking I just need to post them all, back dated and mark them paid.

Message 10 of 11

Hi again, @risa_auger - thanks for the quick reply!

I think this may be where the confusion lays: you can upload customer information by importing it via CSV, however transaction history, including history of Invoices, does not have the ability to be imported within Square. There is also no ability to backdate transactions at this time.

Joe
Message 11 of 11