x

When a customer buys something online their email and purchase is not syncing with Mailchimp

I am using Mailchimp for my marketing. Mailchimp says an email address will be captured from a first time online sale made from my online Square store.  It doesn't. I am not getting my Mailchimp account to register the sale at all either.  Any ideas? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @seaphome have you been able to work with Mailchimp on this issue? For all of our connections, once you connect your account with that partner, all troubleshooting will be done with that app partner. 

After checking with them, if they still aren't able to help, feel free to respond here with exactly what they said and I will be happy to take a look!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

In this forum, Square tells you to reach out to Mailchimp, but in every other forum I find online where people are complaining about this same issue, Square admits that they have order problems and aren't fixing what needs to be fixed for MANY third party integrations to work properly with Square... Not just Mailchimp but others like Zapier have the same problems with customer ID. I am supposed to receive an email from Square in the next few days from the integrations dept. Mailchimp has done everything on their end really... You can see the problem right in the sync log... its not syncing any customer info related to the order! That's a SQUARE PROBLEM and it's been going on since 2020!!

Message 3 of 5

I've wasted hours with Mailchimp and Square Live Chat and on the phone today. Both are clearly promising a solution between the two that can't be delivered. I wanted to sell digital products on Square and have Mailchimp automatically deliver the download. Sounds simple enough, right?! I set it up correctly in Mailchimp - integrated Square - and created Journeys that are triggered by specific products purchased. When I went to test it, the email I used to order didn't get the digital download delivered, but they did get a receipt for their purchase (from Square system not MC) AND a welcome email if they subscribed at checkout (from MC). What the heck? In SYNC LOG, you can see that there is an error when the order ports over... that there is no customer information synced at the time of order. Then shortly after or around the same time in the sync log, there is a CUSTOMER sync. I don't know where, how, and what information is syncing, but I can't get the automated journey based on purchase to work and I can find others with the same complaints in forums all over the internet dating back to 2020.

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Ivymbrooks 

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with an integration. 

Square does not manage this integration, which is why we direct sellers to Mailchimp for support. You can learn more about the integration here, as well as access support via Mailchimp. 

We offer developer tools, which other services use to build integrations so their users can benefit from payment processing using Square or just sharing information between the two services, but we do not manage those integrations, so we are unable to "fix" issues with them, as they were not coded in-house.

While sometimes we experience disruptions that can affect payments processed using integrations or the way information is shared between Square and other services, it sounds like that is not the case here. All disruptions are publicly announced on our Status Page, which you can check out here. At the time of this response, there are no active disruptions. 

Hope this information is helpful! 

*I have merged an additional post you made about this issue into this thread. In the future, please avoid posting the same topic multiple times or on different boards.

Thank you

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5