x

Why am I having issues setting up Square Secure?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Square Secure Document Upload Issue, but only partially.]

I am not new to Square directly, I have another business that has been using Square since it started.  I have a new business that we setup an account for and I am having an issue uploading documents to the Square Secure section, but here is the weird part.  

I have no problem uploading and submitting documents to the Business Documents section, such as the LLC formation, sales tax certificate, etc.  Its only the Business Overview section that is giving me a problem.  That is the copy of my Drivers License and a copy of another government ID.  

I have tried to use Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer - Internet Explorer wants to save or open the page like its a file when trying to login so it would not work.   Both documents are about 4mb or less.  I have tried uploading them as JPG and as a PDF.  Google Chrome, Firefox and Edge all gave me the same error "Upload failed for Drivers License.  Please try again"

Can not get these up.  Please help

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Alumni

Hi @cdhodgdon,

Welcome to the Seller Community.

Sorry to hear that you've been experiencing this. Also, thank you for providing such detailed information on the troubleshooting steps you have completed. 

In order for me to look into this a bit more, can you post a screenshot of the error message your are seeing by replying to this thread? Also, what device are you using (Mac vs. PC) and are there any pending updates for the Chrome browser?

I'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 9

@Alex_ 

Ok, its not really giving any type of error code, as you can see in the attached photo.  Its really strange, the two files I am trying to upload are well less than 5MB each, and the site says it can handle up to 50MB and it only fails on the Business Overview items, the Drivers License and Other ID.  

All the documents I have put into the Business Documents area had no problem at all.  The version of Google Chrome is the current build of[Redacted].  My business is computer services, so 99% of the time, all my items are up to date.  

The computer I am using is Windows 10 Pro, with all the latest updates as well.

SquareError.jpg

Message 3 of 9
Alumni

Hi @cdhodgdon,

Thanks for providing that information. 

One more thing, when you mentioned that it is working on certain sections, and not working on others, did you successfully upload one document at least? 

Alex_
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 9

Yes, I was able to successfully upload items into the Business Documents section.  I have uploaded the following items with no problems:  Sample Invoice, a Utility Bill, Federal Registration Document, our Sales Tax Permit, LLC Certificate from our state and our original filing documents to create our LLC.  

You can see them in the attached images.Document1.pngDocument2.pngDocument3.png

Message 5 of 9
Alumni

@cdhodgdon,

Understood! 

The fact that a few files uploaded and others didn't have me thinking that that it could possibly be the files themselves. I know you stated that you tried them in different formats, but did you convert those formats from the same file? I would try taking the files experiencing the issue and reupload them to your computer. 

Alex_
Message 6 of 9

@Alex_ 

Ok, I will rescan them and create new files and try them out again and will let you know.

Message 7 of 9

@Alex_ 

Ok, I have retaken a photo of my drivers license, I have imported it into Photoshop so that I could crop the image and rotate it correctly.  I have saved the image in the following formats, BMP, PNG, JPG, TIF and GIF and tried to upload each type. 

The same thing happens in that it seems to take a little while and then gives me that message that it cannot upload it.

Message 8 of 9
Alumni

@cdhodgdon,

That's frustrating, I am sorry. At this point I think it's best if you reach out to our Customer Success Team so that they can file an escalation with our engineering team. 

Feel free to reach them via email here, or by giving them a call at 1 (855) 700-6000 (Monday-Friday, 6am-6pm PST) - but you'll also need your customer code.  The steps to look up your code are here

They should be able to look on the back end of the system and see if there are any roadblocks preventing those documents from being uploaded. 

Alex_
Message 9 of 9