x

Why is the expiration date for Free Processing not updating?

The title of this thread was updated from its original title: “Free Processing Expiration date”.

I have had several perople use my link to obtain free processing over the last year. The last sign ups i had made the expiration date for those free fees - Oct 2017. I just had 2 more people use my link this past week and my expiration date has not changed to reflect this. Does this mean i have $5000 in free processing that expires in less than the 180 stated when you sign up? 

I posted these links so that i would have free processing through the busiest time of the year- holidays. I also got several new sellers to sign up for square that may not have otherwise. 

Thank you 

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Your Dashboard is showing you when your oldest referral free processing is expiring, and when that one does expire it will remove the expiring part and then show you your next expiring referral.  If this just showed your last expiring referral link then you wouldn't know you had some expiring before that.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Hello @mdkst13

You're totally right - each free processing promotion applied to your account lasts for 180 days.
At this time, the Dashboard shows the most immediate expiration date and will update as you exhaust each referral (this is admittedly confusing and I will pass the feedback along to our Product Team). 

Thanks so much for sharing your promo code with other sellers and wishing you a good sales this holiday season. 

Message 2 of 5

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “Expiring free processing not extending”. The original author has been notified via email.

I am referring people to square and I'm getting more free processing fees, but the expiration date of those free processing dollar amount is not extending. Why am I not getting 180 days on that $1,000 for each person I sign up? I just signed up someone today and it is expiring on November 11th. 

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

Best Answer

Your Dashboard is showing you when your oldest referral free processing is expiring, and when that one does expire it will remove the expiring part and then show you your next expiring referral.  If this just showed your last expiring referral link then you wouldn't know you had some expiring before that.

Message 4 of 5
Alumni

Hey @VanKalkerFarms - you are totally right with this answer, thanks! 

@Kt9258 - this is a known experience occurs when viewing the free processing balance from the Dashboard. Just like @VanKalkerFarms mentioned, this lets you know your most immediate expiration date.
Rest assured your expiration date will adjust to reflect your next promotion automatically. 

Message 5 of 5