x

iOS 10 & Square Appointments trouble

Anyone having trouble scheduling appointments with iOS 10? Help! My app is freezing up

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

I have not used appointments but both the square register beta app and most current released app worked fine all day on iOS 10.

Message 2 of 4

Yes!  Many employees are having trouble with the app.  It stays on green screen or the signing in wheel.  I have called and talked with square numnerous times-sent screenshots of the issues-had them send to the appointments team and have heard nothing back.  

Anyone else experiencing these same issues?  Folks be getting irritated.

And, yes, they can log into the dashboard but I've been told the app is faster.

Help!  Thanks

Message 3 of 4
Square

Sorry to hear you've been having issues with the Appointments app! It definitely sounds like a pain.  😕

@brickandmortar - Having checked in on your case, it looks like your employees calendars had a lot of recurring and personal events that are not appointments. This was causing the app to pull a lot of data when logging in. 

In order alleviate this, the engineers suggested using the custom availability option instead of manually adding recurring events that block the calendar to ensure that the app works as quickly as possible. This helps you schedule multi-day outages like vacations, make one-off changes to hours as needed, and manage shifts across your employees without affecting your business or staff hours. To do so, just follow these steps:

• Navigate to the Calendar tab of your Appointments dashboard.
  • Select the Staff View dropdown.
  • Select which week and employee you’d like to customize hours for.
  • Set hours > click Done.

If you’re the sole staff member, you’ll see the Customize Availability option next to the Create Appointment button in the Calendar tab. Your new availability will be reflected on both your browser and iOS calendars, and your updated availability will be reflected in your online booking site for the selected week.

@janellyb316 - Do you currently have a lot of a lot of recurring and personal events that are not appointments? 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 4 of 4