x

net::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID when requesting https://js.squareup.com/v2/paymentform

Hey guys, I hope you are all well!

I am using the WooCommerce plugin to integrate with Square and I am receiving several feedbacks from customers who are unable to buy on my website https://www.tutuspantry.com/ because of the fields on the card form are disabled.

I managed to catch the error in the Chrome Log Console:

paymentform:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID
wc-square.min.js:220 Uncaught ReferenceError: SqPaymentForm is not defined
    at n.value (wc-square.min.js:220)
    at HTMLBodyElement.<anonymous> (wc-square.min.js:107)
    at HTMLBodyElement.dispatch (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:3)
    at HTMLBodyElement.r.handle (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:3)
    at Object.trigger (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:3)
    at Object.a.event.trigger (jquery-migrate.min.js?ver=1.4.1:2)
    at HTMLBodyElement.<anonymous> (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:3)
    at Function.each (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at a.fn.init.each (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at a.fn.init.trigger (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:3)

As I understand it the problem is in the Certificate Authority of Square's certificate when requesting the file https://js.squareup.com/v2/paymentform

Pretty weird because it seems that the error only happens on machines running Windows 10 and Chrome, both updated with the latest versions and patches.

Has anyone had this error or can help me figure it out what's going on?

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @tutuspantry! Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Seller Community! We are happy to have you in the fold,

Thanks for your patience while we took a deeper dive into answering your issue. I flagged this issue over to our API Engineering Team directly, and their theory is that these Win 10 + Chrome machines have outdated/altered certificate authorities or some extension like an ad blocker causing the failure.

They tested this on Windows 10 and Chrome and confirmed that it worked each time.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @tutuspantry! Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Seller Community! We are happy to have you in the fold,

Thanks for your patience while we took a deeper dive into answering your issue. I flagged this issue over to our API Engineering Team directly, and their theory is that these Win 10 + Chrome machines have outdated/altered certificate authorities or some extension like an ad blocker causing the failure.

They tested this on Windows 10 and Chrome and confirmed that it worked each time.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2