x

square didn't charge the shipping that it normally does

normally i charge for shipping, and normally, square adds the shipping charge to the total, like this:

Subtotal:	 $63.75
Shipping:	 $30.00 via Flat Rate
Payment method:	 Credit Card
Total:	 $93.75

however, this time, the shipping charge was not included:

Subtotal:	 $65.00
Payment method:	 Credit Card
Total:	 $65.00

can anybody explain why this is happening, and what i can do to stop it from happening again?

thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

HI, the Sales Tax is always based on where the item is shipping TO.  If within same state, then taxes are charged.  If out of state, then no taxes are charged.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6878-all-about-taxes-square-online-store

Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 8.20.08 AM.png

Hope this helps.
TERRI
Message 2 of 4

this is about shipping charges, not sales tax.

HOWEVER, the customer neglected to fill in the state he is from. he entered the town, but not the state in which that town is located. i know that it is rhode island, because he has ordered from me in the past, but it strikes me that this could be the cause of the problem.

is there any way to hide the "check out" button, until ALL the required form fields are filled out?

Message 3 of 4

NB: this is a known issue.

quoting the "happiness engineer" at automattic:

The state/province checkout field is required by default in WooCommerce, but Square for WooCommerce extension is overriding it. This is a known issue with the old version `3.2.0` you are using on your website.

This issue has been fixed and is included in the current release of WooCommerce Square, version `3.3.0`.

Message 4 of 4