x

Undo cancelled invoices

I've created and issued two invoices in the square app, both of which have been paid by the customer through cash transfer. However, as I could not see an option to mark them as "paid" in the app, I cancelled the invoices despite them being paid to avoid constant reminders.

I realise now I can actually mark invoices as paid in the online browser so now would like to consolidate my records by "undoing" the cancelled invoices and marking them as paid. However, I've been told that it's not possible to actually undo cancelled invoices. This presents a problem when the UX/UI interface on the app *appears* as having limited options to mark the invoice as paid?

Further, considering you can't duplicate an invoice with the same invoice number, it becomes hard to record which invoices are paid and which are "re-issued", not to mention annoying for the buyer if they keep getting notifications of re-issued invoices. 

May I suggest either:

1 - allowing duplication of cancelled invoices with the same invoice details (including invoice number).

2 - allowing the undoing of cancelled invoices.

3 - allowing a feature in the app for marking invoices as paid if they have been paid using other methods (such as cash or bank transfer). Given this feature allowable online, there doesn't seem to be a reason to not have it allowed in the app.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @bats_h thanks for reaching out and welcome to The Seller Community! 

You are correct there is no way to uncancel an invoice. I would submit a feature request on our Ideate Board. I don't see currently that request on there. I can certainly see how helpful this would be, when you submit make sure to provide our Product Team with as much detail as you have.  here. Our team will track and provide updates on the thread. 

Please keep in mind a submission to Ideate does not mean the feature will be implemented. Our team is constantly working to improve our software and in an effort to do that we are tracking and working on numerous requests and making sure that our releases are not just surface-level products, but the best all-around resources to help you grow your business.

Thank you again for this feedback, it is appreciated! 

Message 2 of 2