x

multiple cash drawers

I can't seem to figure out how to have multiple cash drawers.  We have both a Square stand & ipad and a terminal that we are using for two different check outs.  We want to be able to track cash and balance the registers separately.  I feel like I must be missing something obvious... any help would be most appreciated

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey @SANDRAR,

I'm not quite sure if i'm following here. Do you physically have more than one cash drawer connected to both the Stand and the Terminal separately? 

It may be easiest to give our direct CS team a call here so they can see your setup and what could be missing here. We typically don't respond right away in the Community as it's intended for seller to seller conversations. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hi, I am looking for the similar solution. Our case - we have 5 different stations (Bar, Take away counter, gift shop, dine-in and desserts table). Every station has Square equipment (iPad stands and regular terminals). Every station accepts cash as well. How we can make it work that every station has own cash float in the beginning, cash tracking and end of the day report? As I understand it right now if I run cash option on Square it works like one big cash drawer for all 5 stations what creates mess in reporting. Do we need to name every POS or create different locations? But locations are mostly to different physical locations. All our stations are located in one building and all money goes to same bank account.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @AF3277 👋Violet here, following up for @ashc.

Cash drawer reports are device specific, so you are unable to connect a cash drawer to multiple devices simultaneously. If you have multiple devices with cash drawers, you’ll need to run a report of each one separately. You can read more about using the Cash Drawer Management feature here in our Support Center.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4