x

Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Is there a way 2 take partial payments 4 an invoice?

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Little late with an update here, but wanted to make sure y'all know this is possible with Square Progress Invoices!

You can schedule multiple payments on a Square Invoice by following these steps 

Joe
Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Hi there, @LiaJmt - thanks for adding your voice here and checking in on this feature! Good to hear from you. Same to you, @BIONICONE - welcome! 

You may be looking specifically for our newly introduced Deposit Feature for Invoices. This will also allow you to create a single invoice to track multiple payments and reduce the amount of time you have to spend reconciling multiple payments (deposit, follow-up payments) to a single transaction or sale.

Let me know if this is what you're looking for! 

336 Comments

Don't need to waste any more time. I want to split payments on an invoice. Choose an amount, choose a date, if there's a balance left, then choose due date for that. Heck, with how easy it is to program computers, I but you can have multiple payment amounts and dates, and Square would even get a processing fee for each one! Wow!

Sorry for the sarcasm, but it's extremely frustrating how much time I have to waste these days just getting things like payment processing to work in completely normal ways.

Square

Hi @Art_D. It sounds like not having this functionality is definitely a painful experience for your business. I hear you. I know how valuable taking partial payments would be to you (and so many other sellers). I can assure you that this is definitely at the top of our minds (and lists).

To answer you more directly, while I can't offer a more complex explanation in regards to our software infrastructure (not just because I don't personally have the expertise to do that) - it wouldn't be something we'd disucss publicly. If you do want to voice your feedback or provide deisgn suggestions directly to our Invoices Team, Rohini did open up her schedule to phone interviews with anyone who was interested (very uncommon). Feel free to chat her up, she's great! And I'm not just saying that because she'll see this post! If you don't believe me, just take her up on her offer!

In any event, I hear you, she hears you, we all hear you. This is something we are working on, and to be honest, it's going to take us a bit of time. Meanwhile, we appreciate any and all patience that you and everyone else can muster. We look forward to delivering on this promise in the future! 

I switched to PayPal 

it has a partial payment feature and more

im happy with the change, was tired of being strung along with promise of updated to a simple app 

Square Community Moderator

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this @WBS

Hopefully we can get something rolled out to help with this soon. 

For this we use the gift card system as we do not refund gift cards.

but partial payments on an invoice is needed.

At this point, the discussion should shift to which companies do offer this service, not if square will release it. It's obviously not going to happen, which is fine. But we need to find a company who does offer the service. Who can we switch to that offers partial payments via mobile? 

Every company.

If you're just looking at card payments Stripe offers it. 2.9% + $0.30/transaction. No swiping.

Freshbooks integrates with them if you're looking for a full invoicing system.

EVERY invoicing system on the planet except Square offers the ability to apply partial payments.

Hi! I would LOVE to be able to offer clients to pay a deposit on total amount of an invoice instead of offering a discount and having to explain and reinvoice upon completion of a project/sale. I know there has been a ton of feedback on adding this option and I hope there is a solution coming soon. Thank you!!

Square Community Moderator

We hear you @UnfoldCreative

I know having to explain this process to customers is a painful task. 

Keep an eye out for updates. 

Admin

Hey @NATdcSEA and @Carrcomp, thanks for taking the time to share how important this functionality is for your business. While I don't have any updates at this time, I wanted to check in and let you know we hear you — we are still tracking this request. As you consider options, please do keep in touch as we'll certainly announce any developments here. We'd hate to see you go!