x

Does square provide a monthly Sales tax report?

I have been using Paypal and debating the switch over to Square.  Does square have a sales tax report option to run?  I am not looking for a spreadsheet to add up all the amounts.  Any help is appreciated. 

Message 1 of 15
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Yes, on the sale report screen just click on Taxes.  Set your date range and it will give you your total taxable, non-taxable, and total tax collected.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Yes, on the sale report screen just click on Taxes.  Set your date range and it will give you your total taxable, non-taxable, and total tax collected.

Message 2 of 15

YES!  Thank you so much for this info.   I am so ready to say goodbye to Paypal.... 

Message 3 of 15
Super Seller Alumni

We made the move from Paypal to another and then to Square and have been nothing but happy with it.  Let us know if you have any other questions.

Message 4 of 15

Awesome , thank you!    I am not sure if this will pertain to your business but my only concern right now is that there is not a shipping option.  I know I can add it into my invoice item catalog but as far as being able to keep track of how much I collect in shipping charges.  Can you be of Any help with that?  Thank you! 

Message 5 of 15
Super Seller Alumni

Are you talking about selling online?  The Square online store allows you to put in a flat rate charge.  If you need a more flexible shipping option you can check out a third party option.

If your sales are over the phone or in person you can add and shipping item with a set price or zero price.  If you create an item with no price you can then enter the price at the time of sale.  This will allow you to track your shipping fees collected.

With what I sell online I don't charge shipping because I can stick it in an envelope.  

Message 6 of 15

How can I retrieve my sales tax info from the retail I sell in my salon, so that I can report and pay it quarterly?

Message 7 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Dawnie

Welcome back to the Community. 

Check out this Best Answer by @RHatch about using Sales Tax Reporting. 

Thank you!

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 15

I need to file monthly sales tax but I can’t find how to just get the sales tax and items that were retailed. I need this specifically without the general sales. I have tried and answer already in this community but there is no “tax” option on my sales reports. 

Message 9 of 15

@SanctuaryCycles You can view your breakdown of sales tax in a few areas. The one being under Taxes in the Square Dashboard. You click Reports > Taxes (and may need to scroll down the list to see it).

You can also export your transactions to see what was taxed from each sale. 

AshleyK
Message 10 of 15
Beta Member

I have a square website and sale products out of my home state and dont have to collect sales tax for interstate shipments. Is there a way of seperating the non tax sales  from the monthly report.  Some sales on the website go through paypal so they are not in minthly reports but when they use a card through square, it is in the monthlyreport. I also have a brick and mortar store also and those sales get mixed in as well.

Message 11 of 15

Hi @Bigbothways,

I moved your post to an existing thread that goes over the sales tax reporting when you're pulling a monthly report.

All the taxes will be listed there in the automatic/general summary but I'd recommend playing around with the custom reporting options where you can select what you want included. Most likely all taxes are still gonna be included under Taxes though.

Ashley C
Message 12 of 15

I have this problem too. I haven't found an easier way besides pulling a transactions report and filtering by customer, since I only have a handful of out-of-state customers right now. I'm curious to see if this is something Square is going to add, as right now my out-of-state sales are getting lumped in with any other item that's non-taxable (i.e. Shipping, if you have it entered as an item). If there was a way to breakdown sales by billing location, it would be a lot easier to report this number as a deduction when I file my transaction privilege tax.

Message 13 of 15

I am looking for a daily, Monthly and Quarterly detail transaction listing that can be printed or exported.  This would included all detail,  sales taxed, sales tax exempt, everything in the detail file.   How do you extract basic information for deposit, sales tax reporting and audit.

Message 14 of 15
Alumni

@Skantze - From Dashboard > Transactions  use the date selector to choose any date range and click the export button to export a Transactions CSV. That will give you the most detailed report including a tax column that shows how much tax was collected for each transaction. For transactions w/o tax, the cell will be $0

If you want the summary of those different date ranges, the same steps above apply but from the Sales Reports tab. 

Justin
Message 15 of 15