x

Egift cards for separate accounts? Personal designs?

Is it possible to have multiple links for e-gift cards - one for each different employee (all have their own accounts) - all from our website or from our Facebook account? Also - will you let us use our logo for the e-gift card face, instead of your designs?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @EWBoutique, thanks for bringing this up!

With Square Gift Cards, you can order custom designs. For more details on pricing and timeline, have a look at our website: Custom Cards.

Regarding your first question, we aren't able to offer employee-specific gift cards for one account — though if each of your employees have their own accounts, they can order their own gift cards. The ability to sell gift cards on Facebook or from your Square Online Store isn't available at this time. For more details, have a look at Kelly's reply here: Can I sell gift cards in my Online Store? 

Hope this helps make things more clear — please let me know if you have any other questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 4

Thanks Tom - appreciate the help. However, my question was to make an Electronic Gift Card personalized  with our logo - I do understand that the physical cards can be customized. Can Electronic Gift Cards be personalized?

Also - it looks like I can sell Electronic Gift Cards from my square store - is that correct?

Lastly, it would be ideal if you let us set custom amounts for Electronic Gift Cards, rather than the preset amounts. Will that become an option anytime soon?

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for your reply! Sorry about that — I got off track as our partner for physical gift cards is named "eCard Systems".🤦‍♂️

In any case, I double checked on your questions and I've got some more information for you:

• Can Electronic Gift Cards be personalized?
    At this time, electronic gift cards cannot be personalized beyond the six templates currently available.

• Also - it looks like I can sell Electronic Gift Cards from my square store - is that correct?
    While you can't sell electronic gift cards in your Online Store, you can configure your eGift card landing page and share the URL on social media or include it in the "About" section of your Online Store.

• Lastly, it would be ideal if you let us set custom amounts for Electronic Gift Cards, rather than the preset amounts. Will that become an option anytime soon?
    We don't have a specific timeline for this request, though we are tracking feedback on this from multiple businesses. Please keep in touch for updates and thank you for your patience.

For additional details on getting set up with electronic gift cards, have a look at this article: Square eGift Cards.

Rest assured that I'll be sharing this post and highlight your requests with our Product Liaison team. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions.🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 4