x

Does Square support “Chime?” Bank account

PayPal supports Chime, and only transactional accounts are supported by PayPal, the same criteria for Square. So why is Square refusing to link with a Chime account?

David A Bryant
Message 1 of 30
2 Best Answers

Best Answer

Yeah I use my Chime account with no issues

View Best Answer >

Message 17 of 30
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @RayRay thanks for posting. We still do not support online only banks, so while you may be able to link your card, it is expected behavior that the card will continually unlink/unverify as it is not officially supported. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I'm happy to help!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 19 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Admin

@Quaaludetooth I'm sorry that you're not able to use Chime with Square. Online-only accounts are not supported at this time and I'll share this request with the appropriate team. In the meantime, you'll need to link a brick and mortar bank account to receive deposits from Square. 

This Support Center has more information the requirements to link a bank account to Square. If online-only accounts are supported we'll update the Support Center, and we'll update this thread too!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 30

This is something that needs to change. Especially considering Square itself is an alternative to brick and mortar banks. B&M banks are obsolete and are ripping customers off left and right. It's tragic I should be forced to stay with Chase just to use Square and it makes me reevaluate if Square is the right choice for me

Message 3 of 30

I was able to add Chime to my Square as normal. This is on Mar 5 2019

Message 4 of 30

So you used a chime checking acct. And square verified it for instant deposits? I want to open a new bank account but only with a bank that square works with.

Message 5 of 30

I have to update my comments. I was able to use Chime for both my regular and instant deposits. I forget the process but I have had zero problems since.

Message 6 of 30

so were you able to move your money from square to your chime account ?

Message 7 of 30

How long did it take?

Message 8 of 30

@bennash How long did it take?

Message 9 of 30

@CLee unless Chime has become a brick and mortar account, you should not be able to link it to your account at all for instant deposit. It's possible that @bennash used the Square Card at a Chime ATM to withdraw funds instead. 

AshleyK
Message 10 of 30

Chime works with Square.  Takes 5min to setup the account. I was able to deposit right away.  

Message 11 of 30

@miDevice I have no problem depositing to chime. The question is whether we may do an instant deposit which I’m under the impression we can not with Chime. 

Message 12 of 30

There instant deposit is tow days later except if you can get there square card thin and only thin you will get the deposit right thin

Message 13 of 30
Alumni

@miDevice,

Thanks for letting us know! As time goes on, we hope to become compatible with more and more banking systems. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 14 of 30

Hi how square work wish . chime our cash card 

Message 15 of 30

This was posted in 2018. It is now 2020. Has there been a solution to this? 

Message 16 of 30

Best Answer

Yeah I use my Chime account with no issues

Message 17 of 30

Hi to the point I would like info on how I just got my chime card to use with my new square account and I'm having problem my chime card keeps getting unverified

Help Please 🙏

This is April 20 2020

Message 18 of 30

Best Answer

Hi @RayRay thanks for posting. We still do not support online only banks, so while you may be able to link your card, it is expected behavior that the card will continually unlink/unverify as it is not officially supported. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I'm happy to help!

AshleyK
Message 19 of 30

I find it ironic that an "online only" credit card processor doesn't support an online-only bank. 

Message 20 of 30

This is for square employees I was starting to get upset with my account trying to find out it's actually you guys as in square I really should be upset with

I am finding a lot of problems with you guys right now that's only one of them hers another one I was trying to share my website with Facebook trying to get my page out there and it won't let me do that either here's another one for whatever reason my website won't connect to Google console if you really want my to go on with the problems I am having with my website I would be more thin happy to

Message 21 of 30