x

Is there a way to turn off sales tax for a customer

I have many in-house accounts where some of my customers are sales tax exempt.  Is there a setting where I can turn off the sales tax for a particular customer so when I add them to an open ticket it will not include sales tax? Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

There is no way to automatically take of the sales tax for a specific person everytime.  You have to remove it on each sale.  It will stay with the sales tax off when you save it to an open ticket.

Message 2 of 5
Admin

Hey @teamyz and @VanKalkerFarms — thanks for bringing this up! I'll be sharing this post with our Product Liaison team, who keeps track of product requests. 👍🏻

We'll certainly come back to this thread with any related updates. Thank you again for your patience as we're always working to improve.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

Many of us in retail deal with municipalities who are exempt from sales tax.  I am confused by the steps you describe to remove tax from a particular sale.  Can you go over those steps again please?

Message 4 of 5
Alumni

@OBRV apologies for the delayed response here! From the Sale screen, you can tap Tax to view all tax rates applied to the current sale. Then you'll need to tap the red minus icon to remove a tax rate from items in that sale. Let us know if you have more questions! 

Message 5 of 5