x

Clubs, associations, dual signature accounts and MCC

Hi. posted this as a reply to a sports clubs question, but thought I'd start a new thread.

Being a sucker find myself as treasuer for two different associations with a requirement for 2 eftpos terminals per association. I've purchased 2 square readers, one for gate entry and one for merchandise sales. I was hoping to use them both at each event and deposit into different accounts. I see that is going to be difficult, so will probably need to purchase a further 2 devices.

So, question.

Can you setup 2 devices on the one account?

Depositing into a dual signature account I notice has some issues with refunds

I could use a personal account I guess. Not very neat but would get me out of trouble, and runs the risk of a tax auditor insisting that's my personal income when its club revenue.

Also I'm getting the following message on my setup.

Thank you for your interest.
We do not currently support your selected business type for payment processing. We will reach out once your business type is supported. In the meantime, Square can work as your point-of-sale solution. You can record sales, manage inventory, run powerful sales reports and analytics, send digital receipts and more.

Why would they list a type of business they don't support?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Hi did you solve this problem? I am getting the same message when I am trying to setup our softball club.  Do you have any advice on setup as support is virtually impossible to get.

Message 2 of 2