x

Does Square hold manually-entered credit card payments like PayPal does?

PayPal is holding funds funds from a manually-entered credit card payment for 12 days when it used to release funds automatically. Please let me know if Square releases funds automatically on manually-entered credit card payments and we will use our Square account instead. Thanks, Rob Martin, BrandSync

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Square

Nope! We won't treat manually entered transactions any differently than swiped or chip card transactions. All of your deposits will be sent out on our standard deposit schedule

Message 2 of 13

Then perhaps someone can explain to me why my manually entered funds are being held and putting my small business in jeopardy? It's also impossible to get a customer service rep (assuming they have any on staff) on the phone.

Message 3 of 13
Square Community Moderator

@exclusiveground This sounds like it's account specific. 

Unfortunately we can’t address your account specific issues here in the community, as it’s a public forum. 

I've passed your message to the appropriate team and you should hear back shortly. 

Message 4 of 13

Understandable. Thank you for the reply.

Message 5 of 13

I have a service based product. Would you hold my funds because of that?

Message 6 of 13

Right there with you $1800 for over a week being held.

Message 7 of 13

PayPal held my money for a month without notice and provided no customer service despite repeated attempts to get answers. Why would definitely switch to Square for manually entered credit card payments!

Message 8 of 13

I would switch to Square for manually entered credit card payments.

Message 9 of 13
Square

Sorry to hear about the concern, @swingerd123. As Kelly said, there are not holds for manually-entered transactions. We'd be happy to address any concerns you have on the phone if you'd prefer. You can contact the Support team here, if so. Thanks!

Message 10 of 13

Not mine 1800.00 being held over a week

Message 11 of 13

Does square hold deposit for service based products?

Message 12 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @Mordephi

Welcome back to the Community. 

What kind of service are you providing with your business?

As long as it doesn't violate our Payment Terms (Section 3), there wouldn't be a problem with your account. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 13 of 13