x

How can I print reports from Dashboard?

I can't get the transaction report to print the whole report. It will print the last 11 of 175 even though it is set to all day and print all.

Message 1 of 46
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Sounds like you're printing directly from the web page which will limit the amount of transactions on the printout. Instead, Export your transaction history onto a spreadsheet. It'll download to your computer. 

Hopefully that helps! Let me know if there is anything else I can lend a hand with. 

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

I have the same problem. I only get to print 12 transactions and the rest don't print.  I have not found a solution. Have you?

Message 2 of 46
Square

Best Answer

Sounds like you're printing directly from the web page which will limit the amount of transactions on the printout. Instead, Export your transaction history onto a spreadsheet. It'll download to your computer. 

Hopefully that helps! Let me know if there is anything else I can lend a hand with. 

Message 3 of 46

i'm having the same issue, regardless what browser i use, what printer or sending to pdf. please help. I'm way behind in my work fighting with this!

Message 4 of 46

I am only trying to print the current days transactions.

Message 5 of 46
Square

@acajunbowl @Magpie55 - In order to better advise y'all, would you mind sharing more details? Are you printing from the Dashbaord? Can you share a link? Can you also share a photo of the report? I can't tell whether this is a bug, or due to the fact that our webpage isn't optimized for printing. Thanks a ton!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 6 of 46

I'm having the same problem as well.  I know computer programing.  This is an issue with the website dashboard not being optimized for printing.  Only the first 11-12 transactions show up on the dashboard screen before you would need to scroll down to see the rest of the transactions. What I need and it sounds like the other posters as well, is the data that shows up when you are in the sales section of the account, and then you click on the Transactions tab up top.  This is the best daily report for our small business.  The front office girls would use this to veryify all the daily transactions against our office software.  Currently there is no way to build this report either.  The CSV exports give way more info than I need and would waste a ton of paper printing daily.  I can easily manipulate the file to get the info I want, but I don't want to do that daily and I don't feel like building and testing a formating macro to do the changes. I don't want another thing to babysit.

So, in summary, the info I want to print daily looks like the transaction section of sales. It includes the date up top, the daily total, number of transaction, and then in column format below would be columns for type of card swiped, time of day swiped, and dollar amount swiped. A column that included the last name on the card would make it even better.

Message 7 of 46

Message 8 of 46
Square

@southjeffvet - Thanks for taking the time to share such a detailed explanation. I'll be sure to pass along the feedback. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 9 of 46

What is the latest on this? Not having the ability to print reports is a serious problem.

Message 10 of 46
Alumni

Hi @DaveD

The recommendation by @Spenser to export reports to .CSV and print is still the suggested method to print reports from your Dashboard

We'll be sure to let our Product Team know that you are looking for more options when printing reports. 👍

Message 11 of 46
Beta Member

We would also like for them to print as PDF. And it would be easier just to be able to push cntrl P. Please fix and allow. Thanks!

Message 12 of 46

Agree, please make this report easily printed from the dashboard. We are a small volunteer run private not for profit incorporation and we need to make this stuff as simple as possible for the volunteer in the treasurer position. At the moment it is not easy and the CSV is way too detailed. If you can't make it print from the dashboard could you at least please make the CSV information you export customisable.

Message 13 of 46

Rosalene Horace

Got it! Thanks so much!

Message 14 of 46

This report does NOT show the Transaction Fee. Cant use it.

Message 15 of 46
Super Seller

@moeman21 ;

From your Square dashboard...

https://squareup.com/dashboard/sales/reports/payment-methods 

Reports>Payment Methods   link above

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 16 of 46

I'm trying to print a custom report identified as quarterly report

Message 17 of 46
Admin

@Bouncing You can print a custom report from your browser. The steps will vary depending on your browser. For example, if you're using Chrome click File and then click Print (the keyboard short cut is Ctrl + p). You should see a print preview and then you can change the page layout before printing if needed.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 18 of 46

They need to be "optimized" then.  This has quickly become a major headache for my accounting routine as well.

Message 19 of 46

At what point will square fix this oversite?  We should be able to print reports directly from our account.

Message 20 of 46

Unfortunately the Export function creates a detailed report of each transaction.  I want to print the Summary as shown on the previous page so I can see the amounts deposited for that day. 

Message 21 of 46