x

Are there any Municipalities using Square?

Are there any Municipalities using Square?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @HLVRApool! Off the top of my head I don't think I've met any local governments using Square on the Seller Community. But if you have any questions I would be happy to help out. 😃

Message 2 of 3

I work for a municipality and we've been using Square for approximately 2 years.  We were searching for something easy to use and so far, haven't found anything easier.  We have various events in our City and have used Square in several different capacities: 

• Payment of vendor registration fees and booth setup fees.
  • Sale of advanced tickets to a community concert online (along with Shipstation as a shipping tool)
  • Taking credit card payments for a seasonal ice skating rink
  • Taking a miscellaneous payment for a citizen that only has a credit card
  • Plans next summer to use Square for online and in-person ticket sales to a City sponsored wine festival

It's a very simple system for us, but I have been getting the "Must become a commercial entity" request.  I am trying to figure out how to get out of that because we are a municipality, not a commercial business.  We do sell tickets to events we sponsor, but all proceeds go towards the event costs, not to make a profit. I hope this helps with your question.  We have looked elsewhere, but so far find Square to be the easiest and most user-friendly.  We haven't had to deal with Customer Support yet, so I can't answer to that.

Message 3 of 3