x
Alumni

Square Capital: Community Expectations

Many of you come to the Seller Community to get more information about how the Square Capital program works. At times the response you get in the community may seem general, similar to what you’ve heard over email, or unrelated to your specific account or loan information. While we always strive for transparency, with Square Capital, the Community Admin team can’t talk about your specific account or loan information. Employees that service accounts and loans for Square Capital are available via email and phone. We know this can be frustrating. In an effort to help everyone understand the limits to what Square can communicate in this forum, we put together this post with some additional background. Thank you again for your continued patience and understanding.

Topics We Can Cover in the Community

We’re happy to give general information about how the Square Capital program works—any information that’s covered in our Support Center is fair game in the Seller Community. This mostly includes information on how to accept an offer, how to pay it back, and learning how to navigate your Capital Dashboard.

You’re also welcome to share your personal experience with Capital, we’d love to hear what Square Capital has enabled you to do with your business. Please read our guidelines below for more details on expectations for posts.

Topics We Can’t Address in the Community

Account-Specific Questions

The Seller Community is a public forum, so anyone will be able to see your posts and our replies. In order to keep your account secure and to ensure your privacy, we can’t talk about anything having to do with your specific account. This is true for every conversation in the Seller Community.

Some examples of account-specific questions we can’t address in the Community:

• Why was I denied an offer (after receiving X offers in the past)?
  • When will my business get another offer through Square Capital?
  • Why did my offer change or expire?

Capital Program Questions

We also can’t answer questions about how eligibility for the Square Capital program works behind the scenes, as this is proprietary information.

We don’t share details about the eligibility review process for a few reasons:

• The factors that go into each review are complex and take into account Square transaction processing and the growth and health of your businesses.
  • Each business is different! The Square Capital team knows that each business is different so depending on the business, there are many different factors used in review.

Some examples of Capital program questions we can’t address in the Community:

• How does the Capital algorithm work?
  • What are the specific thresholds I need to meet to get another offer?
  • If my offer is XX% paid off, will my business get another offer and when will it happen?
  • Will my business get another offer?

Expectations for Capital Posts

If you choose to post in the Seller Community about Capital, please keep the following guidelines in mind:

• Follow our Community Etiquette Guidelines. Be collaborative and respectful, whether you’re starting a new thread or adding your thoughts to another seller’s thread. Our expectation is that you treat others and Square with respect. 
  • Share your experience. Post about your experience: what you’ve used past offers for, and what you think of Square Capital. To protect your own personal information, don’t share details about any offers you’ve received and try not to speculate about what happens with Capital behind the scenes.  

• Don’t ask for additional offers in the Community. The Seller Community is not the appropriate venue to check on your account status or to ask for your account to be reviewed. Account eligibility is consistently reviewed and if you’re eligible for an offer, you will receive notification. The Community team also cannot answer questions related to when a new offer will appear. Please read the following section for more on what you can do to get noticed.

If your posts do not follow our guidelines, the Community Admin team may moderate your posts or send you warnings that could affect your posting privileges in the Seller Community.

Getting Noticed by Capital

Some of you may have already read our TownSquare blog post about how to get noticed by Capital. For those of you who have not yet read through this post, we’ve included the main tips below.

Many factors go into determining if a business is eligible for the Square Capital program. But generally, the more active you are on Square, the more likely you are to receive an offer.

Some key factors for eligibility:

• Processing volume: In general, businesses that have processed at least $10,000 or more in a year are considered. So the more you process with Square, the better.
  • Recent payments: How recently have you taken a payment? An indicator of eligibility is whether you’ve taken a payment at least once in the last week.

Square Capital also looks at factors such as your history with Square, your Square activity level, your customer mix (new vs. returning customers), and whether you have a healthy, growing business, among other factors.

We hope this helps clarify some of the main questions you have about Capital and about our approach to responding to your posts in the Community. There will always be some topics we can’t address publicly, but we will continue to bring you as much information as we can. Thank you in advance for your understanding, and for choosing to work with Square.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller Alumni

Great insight! Thanks so much for sharing this!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 2 of 2