x

Custom Email for Events

Our customers are being sent the following text when they buy a ticket to an event:

If this event requires a paper ticket or other additional information, it will be sent shortly in a separate email. If you have any questions, please contact us.

We do not give people paper tickets. We have a check in list.

We are getting lots of emails from confused people.

I've spoken to Weebly Support and they tell me that this text is not customizable.

It should be customizable.

I'm wasting a lot of time doing customer support.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square

I'm sorry for the frustration, @gardens. It's true you cannot remove or edit the verbiage at this time, however, you can add an additional note so that you can advise that the notice is not relevant. Click on Store>Store Emails>Edit Order Confirmation. Drag and drop a text element directly under the price and add something like "Important: this event does not require a paper ticket." You can make the text as large as you like, as well as stylize the font. It's not a perfect solution, but it's at least something until we add the ability to edit the confirmation email more granularly. 

Message 9 of 9

Great idea! Here's what mine says! (Luckily for weebly, my customers don't know our Square store is now running on your platform. Wish I'd never made the switch!)

All ticketed attendees will be listed at the door to the event venue. Please bring photo ID to all over-21 events. There is no need to print this confirmation email or to contact us. Please ignore the message at the bottom of this email about receiving information in a separate email. Square is rather limited in its functionality for event ticketing & we can't remove it.

Event Information

If this event requires a paper ticket or other additional information, it will be sent shortly in a separate email. If you have any questions, please contact us.

Message 9 of 9
Beta Member

This is still an issue in 2021.

Are there any plans to fix this? Even being able to hide that section or delete it would be helpful?

Message 9 of 9
Square

Welcome to the Community, @lukekeast. I have not heard about updates to this, but thank you for voicing your support for it!

Message 9 of 9

And another year later and still not editable? Weebly, please fix this!!!!

Message 9 of 9

Where do I get to this page? I don't see it anywhere?

Message 9 of 9

Where do I get to this page? I don't see it anywhere.
Message 9 of 9

Totally agree! This issue was brought up in 2019 - can we get a fix? 

Message 10 of 9