x

Deleted my content by mistake

I accidentally deleted all of the content on my about page. It was deleted on 3/3/2020 at about 10:30 pm EST. Please restore it for me. I am desperate. I no longer have access to the content.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square

Hi @safenc Unfortunately, we can only restore fully deleted pages or websites. We are not able to restore content on a particular page. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. 

Message 9 of 8

Would you please give priority to an undo command?

The Weebly server deleted the content on my page (I am 100% sure that I did not) and now will have to recreate it from scratch.  It is a major product page for me.

1) From this point moving forward, I will have to keep my pages much smaller in order to prevent catastrophe.

2) I will begin actively searching for a competing service that will allow for such a critical feature.

An undo feature is pretty basic and very necessary.

Message 9 of 8
Square

We don't have a way of providing an eta, @MCone. I'm sorry and I completely understand any frustration. Is the published page still showing the content? What exactly was deleted and from which page? 

Message 9 of 8

This entire page was deleted:

https://www.advancedtubular.net/vtube-laser.html

I saved this page so that I can re-create it from scratch.

I see from your forum that this has been on Weebly's list of items to do since 2016. Because of that, I doubt that your team will ever implement this important feature. Unfortunately, this event has caused me to begin to look at other services. One of my staff has confirmed that your competition has undo.  I like Weebly - but the lack of an undo feature in Weebly is an unacceptable risk for a business web site.

Message 9 of 8
Square

I don't see any recent deleted pages for your site, @MCone (the most recent are from December). If the page was fully deleted then we can restore it, but I don't see anything recently deleted for the site to restore.

Message 9 of 8

Yes. The problem is that the page exists in your server - but is now empty with only a logo at the top.  As I understand it, I cannot restore deleted content with an html backup (which I do have).

During design, I inserted a section at the top of the page, then I decided to delete the inserted section.  When I deleted that section, Weebly deleted everything below the section.

Message 9 of 8
Square

That's unfortunate. Hopefully recreating the content won't be too much work for you.

Message 9 of 8