x

make DELIVERY ONLY an option (no pick up)

It seems outrageous that a business cannot offer delivery only of products. Due to the current crisis, we have transitioned to Weebly to be able to keep our business going. We do not have the ability to offer pick up to our customers. We have already received feedback that although we activated modifiers through which the customer must "agree" to delivery the message that your order is available for pick up shows up so consistently and everywhere (including in LARGE font on the receipt) that they were confused by the end of their transaction. This is a deterrent. We need this fixed.

Please fix this asap. Thank You

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

I agree. It would be highly useful to have a pickup only or delivery only option, especially to make that an option for specific items on the menu (i.e. have drink orders be pickup only). 

Message 9 of 8
Square

Thanks for the feedback. Our team is already working on separating the two fulfillment options, although I don't have an exact eta... All I know is that it is a high priority update. We appreciate your patience in advance! 

Message 9 of 8

Thanks Bernadette,

I'm glad to hear you are working on this. It would be nice to have but we also ended deciding to offer pick up as well but this has also come with issues. Is there a way for us to set separate pick up hours from delivery hours? We offer delivery Mon- Sat 8a-9p but offer pick up Mon, Wed, Fri 1-3. We do not have the staff to offer pick up all hours. Is it possible to differentiate and set separate times?

Also, customers are very confused because the term "pick up" shows up so much and they are not easily prompted to choose delivery so they abandon their carts. We would like for delivery to be the first option they see Or for that little blue "change" button to say Delivery and be bigger. Are there ways to do these things

Message 9 of 8
Square

Thanks for the additional feedback, @LauraB1. This is a high-priority release so I expect that it'll be released as soon as possible.

Message 9 of 8
Beta Member

Hi Adam,

Has there been any update on this feature request? Thank you!

Message 9 of 8
Square

Hi @samuelkingsport I'm sorry we missed this thread, but yes, this is an option. If you click on Pickup & Delivery in your settings you will see an option to toggle on/off both options. 

@LauraB1 @Solisretail @SLODoCO In case you didn't already see this in your store settings.

Message 9 of 8

I totally agreee. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix this.

I don't know why this wasn't bleedingly obvious in the initial creation.

If you have an 'online only' store, you're not going to post your home address for people to come get things, are you? I mean that's just insane!

I have held off advertising in my local area because I can't at this current moment offer them free delivery so have to 'charge' them shipping if they live down the road. Nuts.

Message 9 of 8