x

Difference between 'labels' and 'tags'?

While submitting a new idea, I was asked to select Labels and Tags. I am not sure I understand how they are different from each other and how they are getting used. 

Also, turns out Labels are not allowed to be free-text. It has to be a 'known'/'recognized' label name for the validation of the form to complete.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Yeah, that isn't very clear. I'm assuming it has to do with catigorization, but I'd love to hear an official explanation

Message 2 of 5

Great question!

Labels are still the main thing added by the original author, to the original post.

Tags, given permission, are added by anyone to any post.

Ultimately, they are both for organization, and tracking on my end.

Let me know if that doesn't clear things up. I definitely appreciate your feedback, and I'll try to add some clarity where I can!

Message 3 of 5

Thanks for explaining, Erin.

It wasn't very intuitive to see which were author-driven vs community driven based on the UI. Some explanation (or a help tip around it) would be useful and would probably help avoid this question from getting repeated in future 😃 

Thanks!

Message 4 of 5

You're most welcome, and I do apologize for that confusion. If you come across anything else that is a bit confusing or frustrating, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thank you!

Message 5 of 5