x

New Dashboard Effort needs formal feedback channel

I can not believe how poorly thought out the 'try out the new dashboard' effort is being conducted.

I tried.  I found bugs.  I switched back.  It is still impacting my other editors of the site.  Now I have a mess.

No clear process for reporting these issues.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Square

What sort of issues did you have when you switched, @Kruse2017?

Message 5 of 12

Is this the mechanism we should use?

1. The main persistent problem is that other people that are editors/admins that I have given access to my site are stuck in a half new and half old dashboard config.  And they now do not have the option to revert to the original dashboard.

2. I switched back to the old dashboard because other editors/admins had their dashboards swapped but were incomplete.

3. I found myself keeping two windows open because my access to the often used STORE ORDERS area was not available on the top menu of the EDITOR.

4  The Orders Summary made more sense than having the Products being the default page that appears when you go to Manage Store.  I don't even see the Orders summary showing!?!  The dashboard has some of the information but other things are gone and you have to search for them.

There are so many requested features that have been pending, I question the need for such an effort being put forward on the dashboard.  Business owners are not looking to add training/learning costs to a new model.  If you make big changes without giving proper training, things crash.  Ask Boeing about the 737 Max8.

Message 5 of 12
Square

Thanks for letting us know. So your editors did not switch, but when you switched it affected the other accounts? What is the name of one of your sites that has contributors? 

Message 5 of 12

How do you switch back?

Message 13 of 12
Square

If you switched to the newer dashboard, you should see an option to switch back if you click on your name on the top-right.

Message 13 of 12

No I don't see that. This is what mine looks like:

Message 13 of 12
Square

When I click on the little dropdown arrow at the end of your account name, it does this for me:

Message 13 of 12

It doesn't do it for me, it just opens the site.

Message 13 of 12
Square

Ok, if you refresh or go to Weebly.com directly again it should load the old dashboard again for you; I switched it back for you.

Message 13 of 12

Yes that did it. Thank you so much.

Message 13 of 12
Square

Not a problem!

Message 13 of 12