x

SRLY theme - how can I remove %overlay on body sections

Hi Weebly users,

I am aware how to change the % overlay for the banner but cannot find any reference to the pale grey overlay that appears over the body sections.

I would like to remove that feature to have solid colour on the sections including #fff and not have the hover overlay effect.

Have already changed: 

body.full-width-0ff {
background: #fff;
}/* was f8f8f8

hr.styled-hr {
height: 2px;
background: #fff;
}/* was ededed

and any body background to #fff

Any ideas folks?

Many thanks,

Linds

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Square

Can you post a link to your site if it's live, @Linds? That'll help our Community members troubleshoot.

Message 2 of 12

The site is not live and content still confidential for the client. It is the basic design of Srly that as you move the cursor over the sections an overlay of about 30% is laid over the section colour. E.G. If it is white #fff when you hover over it the section changed to #f8f8f8 or a very similar shade.

Message 3 of 12
Square

Ahh, ok - maybe you could make a test site with the same theme and publish that with an example?

Message 4 of 12

I have the same problem with the overlay on my header section. I dont want the overlay effect at all, does anyone know how to remove it?

Thanks so much in advance.

Message 7 of 12
Square

What site did you want to change that with, @TTan? Some themes have an option to disable that in Theme > Theme Options.

Message 7 of 12

Hi,
I found this... and changed 80% to 0% which worked for me Smiley Happy Hope this is what you were after.

.bgColor (@color) when not (@color = #a1a1a1) and not (@color = #2b2b2b) {

background: fade(@color, 80%);

Message 13 of 12
Square

Thanks for sharing, @JoGolland. Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 12

Hi JoGolland - also having this issue. Where can I find the "background: fade" - doesn't appear to be in my CSS/HTML

Thanks in advance

Message 13 of 12
Square

It might be available in the theme options @esacarter. Can you also post a link to your website? It helps others to see the live site. Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 12

I am also having this issue on the Dusk theme. Have looked everywhere to find where this code is so I can change it. Please help - going crazy! 

Message 13 of 12
Square

I would post a link to your site, @tastefultravel. This kind of thing is definitely theme-specific, and it's a lot easier for people to figure out by looking at the published site.

Message 13 of 12