x

Web analytics

I must say I'm disappointed in the recent changes to how site activity and traffic is analysed on Weebly. Since the changes came into effect, my websites are showing very little traffic and sometimes no daily visits at all. Traffic from Facebook is not being recorded as I know I have been receiving visitors through it but the "Referring Sites this Month" section suggests otherwise. I believe the previous analytical methods offered by Weebly were far more accurate and reliable.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square

Thanks for posting, @floyjoy22 It's actually the opposite. The new Insights utilizes front-end tracking where a website visitor's browser pings Weebly servers to report usage. This is the same methodology used by Google Analytics, and is designed to handle granular calculations. While this methodology has certain limitations as tracking can be disabled by an ad blocker, it is much closer to numbers rendered by Google Analytics, and is much less susceptible to overcounting.

I believe referring sites resets on the same day each month. Depending on when your account was updated to the new Insights model it may not be reflecting the data yet. I'll have to double check with someone on that, though. Do you have any referring sites listed? 

Message 4 of 3

Hi Bernadette, thanks for the explanation. Perhaps things will improve once the system has fully updated. My activity pages are showing all the usual referring sites. Facebook is included but the counts are definitely much lower than they should be (stuck in the single digits).

Message 4 of 3