x

SSL Encryption is a must have in 2017

Hey everybody! It's time to take this request down because Weebly kindly gave everyone an upgrade to SSL quite some time ago already, which is totally awesome and greatly appreciated! Kudos to WEEBLY for this important improvement. I have now phased out all but one of my WordPress sites because hey, who wants to diddle around with hackers and constant updates when Weebly takes care of it flawelessly?! 

My hat's off to the crew at Weebly. I intend to be a customer for a long, long time. All the best!

Message 1 of 152
151 REPLIES 151
Square

Looks like it was rolled out to you, @geolass.

Message 100 of 152

That is pretty rediculous especially when your ststement was pretty close to "everyone will have it by the end of October"
So how much longer should I wait ? 
Because I am about to start rebuiling on another platform and moving off weebly. 

Message 100 of 152

Finally!  Yesterday the "upgrade" button switched to "enable" and today we have SSL certificate. Thenk you Weebly. If you had given us a schedule and firm date it would have been so much better.  Telling us "soon" does not work.  Anyway, I hope that the rest of you get your SSL "soon".

Message 100 of 152

mine 21 accounts still nothing Smiley Sad
Message 100 of 152
Square

Do you have 21 different accounts or 21 different sites, @gujo55?

Message 100 of 152

Finally "Enabled" button. Thank you Adam!

Gr,
Remco

Message 100 of 152
Square

@RVdaalen wrote:

Finally "Enabled" button. Thank you Adam!

Gr,
Remco

That's great! Smiley Happy

Message 100 of 152

Thanks Adam, the SSL is on both my sites and working great, but with one of my sites the LL.net site, I have the LL.com domain as well. Both will take you to my website, but the SSL only shows up on the LL.net. Do i need a different ip for the LL.com ? Its on GoDaddy.

George

Message 100 of 152

The SSL certificates that weebly give you have the below huge disadvantage:
They will most likely stuff up your SEO efforts and organic rankings.

The domain name to which Weeblys SSL certificate is registered doesn't match the

name displayed in the address bar. Web browsers will block users from visiting your website by showing them a name mismatch error, and this will in turn negatively affect your organic search traffic.
Message 100 of 152
Square

There was something wrong with your certificate which caused that, @BillyBonka; any certificate issued for a Weebly site is supposed to match the domain name, so if it isn't there's something wrong with the certificate and we'll need to take a look at it.

Message 100 of 152

Hi Adam,

Could you guys have a look into it ?

Thanks.

Message 100 of 152

Hi...yes I see it...it worked! Thank you! Chrome says it is secure now. Although our McAfee Security still says it is not a secure site. Is there a way to change that? @Adam

Message 100 of 152
Square

Not sure how I missed your post, @geolass. If your other domain is just forwarding to the one use with your Weebly site, you don't really need to use SSL on that since the end destination is a secure site.

Message 100 of 152

Sorry to keep bothering you Adam, I know your busy with the ssl.
When I type the .com address to my website it goes to my website, but it does not show it be secure. Only with the .net. The .com is forwarding from GoDaddy.

George

Message 100 of 152
Square

It looks like you're doing forwarding with masking with your .com, which is why it's not showing secure. You should have the Registrar for your .com set up a domain foward - this will actually forward the domain so it sends people directly to the .net instead, which will then show as secure.

Message 100 of 152

Hi...wondering when the SSL certificate will be released to my account? I have two websites with weebly and was creating a third site for a client when my other client had complaints from customers about the site not being secure. I think I might switch to Wix because they offer free SSL! I don't want to loose customers or clients simply because my site shows up not secure. Really like Weebly but I can't justify staying with Weebly when other website building platforms offer free and easy to enable SSL. I have read over this entire thread. When will my sites recieve SSL for free?? Soon? Its November already. Hopefully SSL will be enabled for my sites before I switch to Wix.....

Message 118 of 152
Square

I'm not sure about other accounts you might have, @PRisLife, but it looks like it was rolled out to the account tied to your Community profile. You should see an "enable" option on the Settings tab.

Message 118 of 152

I think there went something wrong with the Weebly SSL Encryption. After giving my domainregistration company sent the changed dns server settings and i have enabled the function of SSl on the settings tab on my weebly contributor afterwards, the new url is still unsecured. The URL only changed into https.

???

Message 118 of 152
Square

Some of the custom content on your site is being linked with HTTP instead of HTTPS, @RVdaalen, so it's giving a mixed content error and not showing your site as secure. It looks like it's a stats widget, and possibly something else.

Message 118 of 152

Thanks for your quick reply. I have removed the stats widget and for sure also the google translator, but still not secure.

Message 118 of 152

Message 118 of 152