x

Search To Edit Blog Post

So I do a lot of blogging and sometimes I may need to edit post. Instead of going through my archives and going through every single post in order to find the one im looking for. Why not create a blog search. This will allow bloggers like myself to re-edit post from a day, week or even years ago if we'd like.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Hi, there.

Great idea! You're welcome to suggest it in our Vote on Features section here: https://community.weebly.com/t5/Vote-on-Features/idb-p/IdeaExchange

You can use the archives and labels to narrow your search, but I agree that an actual search might be a bit more efficient.

Thanks, and enjoy your day!
Erin

Weebly Community Manager

Message 2 of 17

How about weebly just creates it so your customers can stop being so p*ssed off when they have to edit a blog post.  It is REDICULOUS to have to manually scroll through all posts to find and edit a post.  It seems pretty basic to create a search function for editing posts!!!

Message 3 of 17

Yeah this is BS.  I just posted a blog post and can't fricken find it already.  Seems so basic and then they respond "why don't you vote for it?" like it shouldn't be a basic function of their platform or something.

Message 4 of 17

I agree. Trying to edit old posts is like pulling teeth. Horrendous UX! 

Message 6 of 17

It's 2019 and this still isn't a thing? Weebly support - please provide support to your subscribers! Why do I pay for your interface when every time I search for a function, I come across one of these community boards with the idea and it's years old!

Message 7 of 17

This REALLY needs to be done!!!  I'm trying to build up my blog here on weebly with content from my old blog and it is HORRIBLE having to search through ALL THE POSTSSmiley Frustrated

This is time consuming and frustrating!  I agree with others.  We shouldn't have to vote on something that should be an obvious help to your customers.

Message 18 of 17
Square

Hi @KW1 Sorry to hear you are having a frustrating experience. Smiley Sad When you say content from your old blog, do you mean an old Weebly blog or another provider? Are you having trouble searching for the new posts to edit? This is the first time I'm coming across this thread and I want to make sure I understand what is being asked. Thanks! 

Message 18 of 17

My old blog is on blogger.  I'm slowly adding all the posts from there (that I want to keep) to my new blog on Weebly.  On Blogger, it is easy to search for blog posts on the back end in order to edit them if/when needed.  There have been a few things I've wanted to adjust on the Weebly blog posts now that I have a system down and missed some things on many posts.  It's not easy at all to find posts to update.  I honestly cringe having to scroll to find what I need to edit and I've just started adding things.  

It would be extremely helpful to have a search box in order to edit something specific instead of having to scoll post after post, page after page.

Message 18 of 17
Square

That does make sense. Does filtering by the month/date help at all? 

Message 18 of 17

How do you filter by month/date in the editor?

Message 18 of 17
Square

When you are in the editor you can click on the archive month on the right hand side. This will filter down to posts created during those months and will make it easier to find the post you are looking for. Smiley Happy 

Message 18 of 17

If you know the month/date it was posted.   On Blogger you at least get a listing of all of the posts and you can just select which one you want to edit, or search through the post titles.   This is now December of 2019, and this feature was originally requested in 2016.   Is there any development going on at Weebly at all?

Message 18 of 17

It is now almost the end of  January 2020... still no movement on this.    Almost considering just moving to another platform. 

Message 18 of 17

Well there is only one problem! How do you know which date it is?

If you have like me 500 post it is time consuming!

It would be a good idea to have a search bar in the editor where you enter the title of the post so that you immediately see the correct post so you can edit it! Please add this feature.

Thank you!!!

(I'm sure it would help many people)
Message 18 of 17
Square

That's a great suggestion, @Daniël!. If you have a moment I would post that to our Vote on Features board.

Message 18 of 17

Hi Adam! Hope your fine! Thank you for posting, hope that Weebly will add this soon.

Message 18 of 17