x

Stock Video Backgrounds?

A cool new feature lets you have a video within the header of the page. I was just wondering if those who use it are making their own videos or finding them elsewhere. It seems that these header videos are in a really good quality. I don't think my galaxy 5 or ipad could capture that quality and using that large width dimension.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

You can buy them.  Just do a google.

Message 2 of 5

I am using my own videos, here are some of my tips:

• You need to shoot them in at least 1920 x 1080 for the quality to be reasonable when viewing your website on a full HD monitor. If you have UHD recording capability even better.
  • Keep the file size as low as possible after you edit them, 2mb or less is best, otherwise there will be a lag on initial page load for those wiith lower internet speeds. There will be a trade off between resolution setting versus the length of your background video in order to keep decent playback quality and file size.
  • When filming the raw footage, keep in mind that the video is centered both horizontally and vertically in the background, so if you don't want peoples heads cut off when reducing the height of the section or background header you need to frame the shot accordingly (keep content you want to see in the centre of the viewfinder so when you resize the section you can still see it)
  • Deselect the audio when rendering your video to help keep the file as small as possible (audio is muted by weebly background video)

Overall the widget works pretty well and when viewing on a mobile device that can't play background video it takes a pretty good quality snapshot for the still image display provided your video is of sufficient resolution in the first place.

Well done Weebly, this is a great new feature.

Message 3 of 5

Where do you find the video backgrounds ?

Message 4 of 5

You can find the option by clicking on a Section and using the Edit Background option.

Message 5 of 5