x

Text field is gone as an option for variations within listings

Where has the ability to add a text field for our customers to fill out during checkout gone? In my most recent listing creation, I only had the option to add variations in the form of "drop down' or "radio button". There used to be an option to add a text field. Why has this been taken away???? Please tell me this is a bug and not another Weebly downgrade. I used the text field for my listings often. Please bring it back. Example of how I use it for one of my listings below. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square

Sorry for the confusion with that, @Creature. The text field was moved out of product options into something called "product modifiers". If you check the option that customers can customize the product you an add a modifier for that:

This would be on new products - your existing products that have a text input field will continue working like that since we wouldn't want to change that with existing products. Product modifiers offer two options: text box input or a checklist, so this will give you another way for people to customize what they are getting outside of just a dropdown.

Message 3 of 2