x

Tracking Bug with shipments

I just went through the process of purchasing a label to ship a package to Finland. During the process before I even printed the label, it showed me a screen that showed the status of this package as "Delivered" and falsely showed me tracking info from April 2018 in Massachusetts when I haven't even put the label on the box yet. See attachments. 

Please fix this. This is unacceptable to be showing false data for my shipments.imageimage

There are NO DOMESTIC TRACKING NUMBERS THAT START WITH "LZ..........."  These tracking codes that start with LZ are always international shipments.  They always start with "92........."   WTF is going on Weebly???!!! Why is this showing as delivered before I even shipped it?  Order #1696528802

@Adam 

@Bernadette 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square

That is truly bizarre. Hmm... So you have an international label with a tracking number that reflects that (since it starts with LZ), but the tracking that USPS is giving for it is from a random domestic shipment.There are two places where I could see this being wrong: 1. The USPS website is goofing and showing incorrect info for that tracking number, or 2. Shippo gave a bad tracking number.

I'm leaning more towards a problem with the USPS website, since an LZ tracking code shouldn't be showing domestic tracking, period. 

I would recommend contacting the USPS first to see if they can shed some light on it: https://www.usps.com/help/contact-us.htm

Message 6 of 5

@Adam 

I have contacted both Shippo and USPS about this, but have no faith in USPS doing anything about it. I would get about as much help rolling in a pile of dirt. 

Can Weebly please consider creating the ability to "PRINT ANOTHER LABEL" with orders? This would solve this for me and be a much-needed convenience.

I have this ability on Etsy and it is incredibly convenient. So outside of this current scenario where this requirement would help, occasionally, I randomly have packages that are never delivered and make their way back to my studio. I am able to just open up an Etsy order and "print another label" and its done, I slap a new label on the package and release it back to the world.

As it is now, there is literally no way to create an international first class shipment online using USPS or Shippo. It has been unavailable for months maybe even a year and USPS just says "temporarily unavailable" even though going through third-party shipping provider makes it possible. -_- That being said, even though I can create an international first class shipment through Weebly/Shippo, if I log into my Shippo account there is only the ability to create a priority international label and not first class international. It's a heaping pile of frustration on all levels. If Weebly enabled the ability to simply "print another label" this would make my online selling existence so much easier especially since USPS is constantly unpredictable. We currently have the ability on Weebly with orders that contain multiple items (the ability to ship partial shipments and generate multiple labels for an order that contains multiple items), please pitch it to the clouds at Weebly that be to allow any and all orders the ability to "print another label" to get around the BS created by both Shippo and USPS. Thanks. 

Message 6 of 5
Square

Hey @Creature  Maybe I can help clarify a little. The tracking number LZ781581404US looks like a recycled tracking number. While rare to come across, it does definitely happen from time to time. Once USPS scans the new bar code the information will update in the systems and reflect the proper information. At least, that is what is supposed to happen. You are correct that an "LZ" tracking number is an international tracking number, and in this case the package originated outside of the US and was delivered in Massachusettes. It looks like a domestic order (New Jersery-Massachusettes), but that is because the package most likely had a different tracking number from origin to port-of-entry. 

When you say Etsy allowed you to create another label do you mean you could recreate from scratch to generate a new label number? You can sort of do this through your Weebly account by making a zero-dollar order and then editing the information on the label page. I do this all the time for testing purposes, but it's obivously not an ideal solution. It will work in a pinch if you are not able to create the label directly on Shippo or USPS end. Although, I can see how that could get messy with record keeping. I did just test my Shippo account, though, and I'm seeing an option for First Class International service. What order number are you looking at? I'll see if I can find a price for you on Shippo. 

Have you ever considered offering DHL as a shipping option? It's more expensive, but I would think your customers would appreciate the speed and door to door service DHL offers. You can even offer both and then the buyer can decide (based on past experience) which service they would prefer. I worked for DHL before coming to Weebly and I can tell you for certain that you will experience fewer returned or lost packages, plus it's much easier to deal with customs if the package gets "stuck". I can get you some sample rates and transit times if that helps. I just need some order confirmation numbers so that I can get the package details. Thanks! 

Message 6 of 5

Thanks @Bernadette Shippo is supposedly going to issue me a refund for the label even though my refund request was rejected because it currently shows (falsely) as delivered. Hopefully that will work out. I was able to create another first class label through them.  When I attempted to create the label on shippo, at first I chose "use my own package" and put in dimensions instead of specifically selecting the bubble mailer option which I didn't see, and that was why it wasn't letting me purchase first class the first time I tried and only showing me priority mail.  I figured it out and it is such a relief to be able to print first class international through my shippo account.

The USPS international first class option to purchase online through their site has been out of service on and off for years and their explanation is "can't tell you when it will work, keep checking back". Yes, because businesses that are choosing to generate labels online instead of going to the post office already have so much time to wait for something to work. I am so relieved to not have to deal directly with USPS in any capacity anymore and just use Shippo. 

Thanks for the tip about DHL. I will look into it. I used them 10 years ago or so when their rates were actually pretty comparable to USPS and they shipped to more domestic locations, but the last time I looked the rates were too high to justify me making the switch.  I would end my relationship with USPS in a heartbeat if any shipper came close to offering shipments around the same price.  

Message 6 of 5