x

View list of emails sent to customers

A great feature with the Promote app should be applied to the automatic emails sent to customers when they've made a purchase. Orders show "Transactions" but not other activities.

I recently enabled the Reviews feature, but I can't see if the email has been delivered. Am I missing something? 

I don't want to accidentally spam a customer if I hit the "Request Review" button instead of waiting for the automatic email to be delivered 1/2/3 weeks later. Not particularly concerned about seeing whether they opened the email or clicked in it, but to be able to resend an email if needed (like a Shipping Confirmation) would be nice. 

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square

Our customer review feature won't let you prompt a customer for a review if the system has already requested that from them, so don't worry - you won't be able to spam your customers with that.

Message 10 of 9

Thanks Adam. What about seeing what emails have been sent to the customer and the ability to resend if needed? If a customer says they "didn't receive the shipping confirmation email" or otherwise, how can one see if it was sent/delivered and resend? 

I feel like you used to be able to see these on promote when you selected the customer group. Everyone in that segment of mine has several references to an email from 10/4/2016 with Subject: %Subject%

Message 10 of 9
Square

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to see the status of the order email itself or to resend it. You could choose to print the order from the Orders section and save it as a PDF, then send that to a customer manually. Not the most elegant way to do it, but it would give you something you could send to a customer if they said they didn't receive it. Most likely the original email was filtered as spam, I would think.

Message 10 of 9

Hi Adam

Is this still the case, that you can't resend review emails to customers?

If their email wasn't working and they lost all their emails, can you resend the order to them, and would they be able to provide a review from within their order confirmation emial?

Thanks

Message 10 of 9
Square

Hi @MarciaClarke There still isn't a way to send out a review email, but technically, you could recreate an order at zero dollars (or use a coupon) and process the order using the customer's email. This could make your book keeping complicated, though. 

Message 10 of 9

Hi Bernadette

Thanks very much for replying, I'll bear that in mind.

Marcia

Message 10 of 9

Hi Bernadette

When it comes to the review my customer will write in the duplicate form, how will I be able to get that review onto the products list of reviews? Thanks

Marcia

Message 10 of 9
Square

Hi Marcia. You would need to order the exact same item in order for the review to apply. This is the caveat I was referring to since it could really skew your numbers. This would only really be possible if you were able to create a 100% off coupon. What order number was it for? 

Message 10 of 9