x

Weebly Hacked?

Earlier I posted about a problem I was having with editing my site. I got a few responses, but what is unusual, is I received an inbox on the weebly site coming from what looked like a member asking me for a date and to look at some pics.....someone may want to look into that...

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Hello! Sorry for the trouble. Someone was trying to spam users here via PM, and has since been banned.

Message 3 of 5

My latest video documenting my Weebly.com hosted website is hacked. Hackers have deleted and rearranged material on my website more that once.

https://youtu.be/3tpXpZhQUNc

Message 6 of 5

Woke up this morning to an email from someone saying thanks for properly using a licensed photo from them on my website. The photo was a pic of some sliced lemons...weird. Problem is I never used or uploaded the photo and have never seen it before? In fact, they replaced a custom image I made myself with this lemon pic. I think my weebly site is hacked. HELP! I read a while back that weebly got hacked and credentials got stolen but I wasn't aware of that. Has anyone had this happen before???

Message 6 of 5
Square

I don't see any recent purchases or strange logins to the account tied to your Community profile, @alexk. I see some stock media purchases you made in 2015, although I don't know if those are still on your site. It's possible what you got is just spam - spammers often employ tactics like that to get you to click links in the email.

Message 6 of 5