x

"Available for shipping" text on all of my products is redundant, please make it editable

I know it can't only be me but this "available for shipping" text underneath all of my "add to cart" buttons on my items seems really out of place and redundant.

Why is necessary for Weebly to tell my customers that are shopping from me online that my items are "available for shipping", I mean, that is a given, right? I just recently noticed this and it looks horribly unprofessional. Is this a recent update. Why does Weebly think it is necessary for our shops to tell our customers that we ship our items? All of my items in my online shop are available for shipping, why wouldn't they be?

I understand that some people may offer in-person or curbside pickup or whatever but wouldn't that be the deviation from the norm. Wouldn't 90% + online Weebly shops be shipping their products? It just seems weird and illogical to think it would necessary to have that text on my product listings in my online shop.   If this text was editable it would actually be useful. If I could edit it to say "free shipping", "limited quantity", "ships within 3 days", "made to order" or something actually useful that communicated an actual important detail would awesome. Please consider deleting this weird text that no one asked for or better yet, make it editable so we can actually use that space to inform our buyers.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Hi @Creature - I agree with you that in your case it seems somewhat superfluous to have that particular text there, since you only provide shipping. It would probably make sense to have a toggle to display it or not if you only have a single fulfillment method shown. 

Message 4 of 4

@Adam 

Any chance there is going to be someone at weebly who actually works in development that also simultaneously has an education in eCommerce that can understand how ridiculous this is and either change so it can be customized for custom brief announcements that would actually be useful or if this bs stays that it can at least be toggled on and off to not say "available for shipping".  I have never allowed pick up from my business or sold directly to customers, I have always shipped, like 95% of online businesses. This is so annoying.

Message 4 of 4

I Have just noticed this too and wish it would be removed. We make some of our items once they are ordered. On these items I don't have the track inventory option. I email the customer once purchased, with a time frame of when it will be ready. When they now see this new "Available for shipping" they then expect it is sitting there ready to send straight away. Please delete or at least give us the option of whether or not we want it there!!

Message 5 of 4