x

scribd not working from mobile devices and contains advertising

I think you need to come up with another solution for using scribd. I have 2 issues with this:

1. Visitors to my site who try to access my documents have advertising thrust upon them. Not my ideal situation. Makes me look bad.

2. It does not work from mobile devices. Not very good especially as society today means that a large number of people are using mobile devices. We are going to get to a place where mobile devices are the norm.

Maybe it's time to come up with a solution now.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Hey there! You may want to bring this up on our Feature Vote page. In the meantime, though, the File Embed app in our App Center may offer an alternative that suits your needs.

Message 2 of 5

Suggestion - To allow the document to be visible on mobile devices, Weebly needs to change the settings in there Scribd account to 'Public'.  Here's what happens currently:

https://www.scribd.com/document/333019435/Untitled

Any chance of doing that Weebly?

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 5

Hey there Robb! Just to be sure I'm seeing the same thing here, you're seeing a deleted document message in the element on mobile?

Message 6 of 5

In this situation I see a message that says "Sorry! This document is not public. The owner has set this document to private. You will not be able to read it unless the owner changes it to public on their upload."

I'm thinking the public/private setting must be on weebly's end. I didn't see any option like that.

Message 6 of 5