x

Category Image Sizes

Hi,

I know this has probably been asked thousands of times before, so for that I apologise, but what is the optimal size for category images?  I'm using Square's free online store by Weebly and have created a category for the brands we sell.  I would like to include the brand logos provided to us by the respective manufacturers, but when I uplooad the images, they appear to be too big in terms of dimensions, not file size.

I've contacted Weebly support, but I simply do not understand their reply when they say: "I would recommend that the image be at least 1000 pixels on the smallest side. The rest would depend on which aspect ratio you wanted."

Please can anyone help?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square

Hi there. I think they are trying to guide you depending on the shape of your images. Are your images more square, or rectangular? 

Message 9 of 8

Hi Bernadette,

They're brand logos, so a mixture of rectangular and square.  Website platforms I have used in the past have always had a recommended category image size, say 500 x 500 pixels.  Does Weebly not have an optimal size recomendation?

Message 9 of 8
Square

I checked in with support and was provided the following on category images: Must be at least 160px and a 4:3 aspect ratio

Can you let me know one of the category images that appears to be too big? 

Message 9 of 8

Hi Bernadette,

Thanks for replying again.  I've provided a link to the brands category of our new website - it is very much 'work in progress'.  

Alloy Wheel Brands - please click 'Alloy Wheels' at the top of the page to see brand logos.

Message 9 of 8
Square

I think your logos look great! Is it the wolf one that is appearing too large? 

Message 9 of 8

Thanks, Bernadette.  Since we last discussed this topic, I managed to find a couple of YouTube videos giving instruction on how to turn a rectangular image into a perfect square. I've posted the links below, just in case anyone else is having difficulty:

How to Make Rectangle Images into Square Images in Photoshop 

Resize Images Into Squares Using Photoshop 

Message 9 of 8
Square

Awesome! Thanks for sharing your find! Heart

Message 9 of 8