x

How to downgrade from Business to Starter

Hey there,

I've got a site that is on a Business plan right now that is set to renew soon. However, I am placing this project on hold and would like to downgrade to Starter. Could you please help me with this?

Thanks,

O

Message 1 of 43
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Happy to help!

View Best Answer >

Message 13 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

@ocarlsen:  I cann not help you with downgrade, but let me offer a suggestion that may help.

One of my clients had done it and caused quite a bit of telephone time for me.

1. Disconnect all the features that are not supported by the starter plan then downdrade.  E.g the business plan come with PayPal something or other.  Starter Plan does not support that.  So unless the feature was disconnected I could not publish their site.

Message 2 of 43

I have tried everything to downgrade my business plan to a starter plan to no avail.  I tried to disconnect all features not supported by starter plan, but the PayPal feature tab says MANAGE.  When I select MANAGE nothing happens.  I have to say I am so frustrated I could scream.  My website is not available now.  Please oh please help me.  Thanks.

Message 9 of 43
Square

Hi @LPK I see your site is currently assigned to a Starter plan and unpublished. I also see a rep was in the account after you posted on this thread, but I'm not sure if he was able to help you out? If the Paypal option is still showing as active, please click on Settings>Checkout to see if it is still connected. 

Message 9 of 43

I've tried everything--did what you suggested Bernadette--but this is what I get. It also says that I am getting services I have not paid for... I've sent emails for help but to no avail. I'm very disappointed in Weebly's customer service.  I've paid--I want to publish my website now. :-{

Message 9 of 43
Square

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. Please make sure to remove Paypal by clicking on Settings>Checkout, then "disconnect" next to Paypal. 

I've removed it for you, but will leave the instructions in case another user has the same question. 

Message 9 of 43

Hello, I'm having the same problem. I want to downgrade to a CONNECT site from Business. But the option does not come up. I have disconnected the premium elements as far as I'm aware.

Could you assist please?

Kind regards

Darren

Message 9 of 43
Square

Hi Darren 👋Can you please confirm the website name? 

Message 9 of 43
Square

All set @ocarlsen. Your site is now set to a free plan and you have a credit of $10.27 in the account that you can use towards your upgrade to Starter. 

Message 9 of 43

Awesome, thanks @Bernadette.  However, how can I apply the 10.27 credit?  When I go to my dashboard to upgrade my site and select Starter, the payment page shows the full amount.

Tags (1)
Message 10 of 43
Square

Oops! Sorry about that @ocarlsen. Can you refresh and try again?

Message 11 of 43

Yay that did the trick!  Thanks @Bernadette.

Message 12 of 43
Square

Best Answer

Happy to help!

Message 13 of 43

Hi I've tried emailing twice and have had no reply as yet Smiley Sad My plan run sout on 28th April so in 5 days and I'd like to downgrade from business to starter please but I use my own domain and am woried about losing my site, can you help? thanks Zoe x

Message 15 of 43

Hi Bernadette, 

Would you be able to downgrade my business site to the starter site? I only renewed for a month last month and then haven't been able to find anyway so was charged again for the business site this month but I was really hope to just downgrade. Is there a way to do this myself or does it have to be done by weebly employees on behalf of the customer? Would really like help with this ASAP!

Message 17 of 43
Square

I responded to your private message with more information, @randiatamity

Message 17 of 43

My update was automatic a few days ago, but I want to downgrade from pro to starter for AHDolls.com. I don't use the add ons for pro and would like to just utilize the starter for now. Where would I go to downgrade my tier?

Message 17 of 43
Square

I've refunded and removed the Pro service for you, @mayanking24. You should be able to upgrade to Starter now from any of the upgrade buttons you see.

Message 18 of 43

I need help with this too. I want to downgrade to basic/starter until I have time to run my site as a business. 

Message 24 of 43
Square

Not a problem, @ekg_82. I've removed your Business subscription and credited your account for the time remaining. You should see that credit applied to an upgrade to Starter.

Message 24 of 43

Can someone help me downgade please..

Message 24 of 43